Learn from reer Galmudug

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Aidid (AUN), released his forces into Southern Somalia, Habar Gidir made gains, most would argue illicit, whereas HG would argue they somehow had a right to steal fertile land from minorities. For 2 decades, they made millions in Mogadishu and influenced HAG politics.

Habar Gidir's wasted opportunities

1) Expelling Siyad Barre

Instead of expelling Siyad Barre and his loyalists without harming the general populace, they unleashed rape, murder and torture on innocent civilians. Even if SOME civilians benefited from Booli Qaran, this should have been handled appropriately. HAG could have led Somalia's next government easily WITH mass support from all over Somalia.

2) Federalism

After Puntland tried to invite HG into the federalism movement, HG could not resist being greedy and attempted to annex North Mudug. First via its constitution and when that failed, by force, that also failed.
Instead of trying to win the hearts and minds of Central Somalia's clans, they created enemies out of Dir in Towfiiq, Mareexaan in Saaxo, MJ and Leelkasse in Gaalkacyo.

In retaliation, these groups lended their support to Ahlu Sunnah, who will soon gain control of former Galmudug.

3) South Somalia's illicit gains

HG warlords attempted to annex Merca, Kismaayo and a whole host of other towns and regions. Again, if they played it smart, they would have intermarried with the locals and offered their protection against 'others'. Today, they are seen as a parasitic entity by the natives of much of the fertile land.

There is not ONE Federal State that they will wholly dominate by themselves. Politically and militarily, they have defanged themselves due to their leaders unbridled greed and a lack of foresight.

The ONLY hope for Habar Gidir is that Abgaal trusts them fully, which is unlikely.

I don't see them ever gaining the power they had during the USC raids of the 90's. Let's not forget that people will start demanding their houses in Mogadishu back now that there is a semblance of Government.

Imagine the damage done to the HG families who have been eating haram food purchased by haram money. May Allah save HG from themselves.

Let's hope Somalia moves past qabyaalad politics because HAG may just restart a civil war if they start to feel powerless.

Last edited:

EternalLightX

Queen of the light
VIP
The cancer that is qabil will never be cured we might as well live in a perpetual dream but in reality our disunity is killing us, we must unify and go past Habar this and that so we can rebuild Somalia. We are all one homogenous population why not embrace this beautiful trait instead we quarrel with one another in our own little groups like children in a playground, how utterly embarrassing.

The cancer that is qabil will never be cured we might as well live in a perpetual dream but in reality our disunity is killing us, we must unify and go past Habar this and that so we can rebuild Somalia. We are all one homogenous population why not embrace this beautiful trait instead we quarrel with one another in our own little groups like children in a playground, how utterly embarrassing.

I wanted to highlight the failure of brutal warlord politics. Whether we like it or not, Habar Gidir is the perfect example of dangerous qabyaalad + military hardware. You'd have to be a hypocrite to deny the damage done to Biyomaal and even the harmless Cadcad/Shaanshi.

Forget the Daarood vs Hawiye wars, at least both sides could match up, but the minorities? That's just foul.

Here is the Habar Gidir elder Ahmed Diiriye bragging about massacring Shaanshi and Biyomaal

I don't blame the entire HG ppl, these ppl were hijacked by ruthless thugs who would use any qabiil to further their agenda.

True not all but a significant amount if we are being honest. Somehow they have been convinced that raping, murdering and looting is perfectly acceptable.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
When the Tigrayan's gained control of the capital in Ethiopia, they compromised with every single rebel group and formed a government. Today they are the ones laughing, since they fooled each rebel group and rule the country.

In Somalia, the useless Aideed came 3 days before the capital was taken, butchered Darood civilians, declared a government without the agreement of even other USC leaders, and tried to conquer each and every rebel group.

His plan of becoming the next Siad Barre failed. He's the sole reason why we have no competent government today and why Al Shabab still rule parts of Somalia. I mean, even if he wanted to become a dictator, he could have done it smartly like the TPLF and disarmed each rebel group whilst sweet talking to them about "democracy" first.

Last edited:
In Ethiopia when the Tigrayan's gained control of the capital, they compromised with every single rebel group and formed a government. Today they are the ones laughing, since they fooled each rebel group and rule the country.

In Somalia, the useless Aideed came 3 days before the capital was taken, and then butchered Darood civilians, declared a government without the agreement of even other USC leaders, and tried to conquer each and every rebel group.

His plan of becoming the next Siad Barre failed, and he is the sole reason why we have no competent government today.
The irony is he basically tried to become the same man he brought down for being a dictator

True not all but a significant amount if we are being honest. Somehow they have been convinced that raping, murdering and looting is perfectly acceptable.
many of them were from the badiye and never been to mogadishu. they were probably told they were fighting gaals or something otherwise how can you convince someone to shoot women and elderly after you ask them their qabil.

PSA:

Please, all be careful when dealing with the effeminate OP; he's a delicate thing, we don't want him storming off and leaving the forum in a huff like last time.

:siilaanyolaugh:

PSA:

Please, all be careful when dealing with the effeminate OP; he's a delicate thing, we don't want him storming off and leaving the forum in a huff like last time.

:siilaanyolaugh:

Leave in a huff? WTF, I don't even recall having a discussion with you on here. :faysalwtf:

Unlike you I have a busy and fulfilling life which means I don't post for weeks or months. Why are you fixated with me? :mugshotman:

Man up and focus on the discussion.

Leave in a huff? WTF, I don't even recall having a discussion with you on here. :faysalwtf:

Unlike you I have a busy and fulfilling life which means I don't post for weeks or months. Why are you fixated with me? :mugshotman:

Man up and focus on the discussion.
Continue with your online rants, one day you might be seen as an equal.:icon e smile:
43Ahu5O.gif

I'll wait for a sane HG to respond. :wtfdis:

You guys had several opportunities to rule Somalia, but you dropped the ball too many times.

What is next for Central Somalia's HG?

Last edited:
We're not gonna respond to thrash. We have standards.

What was wrong with your first account @Righteous ?

Is this another @HashiBarre/@Galaeri/@$$$$ account?:cosbyhmm:

:damedamn:
Forgot my password but that's not important.

Why are you two trying to personalise a relevant discussion. This is the politics section.

Are you going to deny that Caydiid and his hordes could have transformed their military power into a LASTING power.
Are you going to deny that Caydiid's men turned into warlords and have lost their isbaaro power?
Are you going to deny that Galmudug is a failure?

All of these points I raised are fact and are immortalised in history.

I don't even shy away from criticising Puntland, what makes you think I won't discuss HG.:camby:

:damedamn:
Forgot my password but that's not important.

Why are you two trying to personalise a relevant discussion. This is the politics section.

Are you going to deny that Caydiid and his hordes could have transformed their military power into a LASTING power.
Are you going to deny that Caydiid's men turned into warlords and have lost their isbaaro power?
Are you going to deny that Galmudug is a failure?

All of these points I raised are fact and are immortalised in history.

I don't even shy away from criticising Puntland, what makes you think I won't discuss HG.:camby:
Are u part of the PIM

Reign

Pro Women's Rights|Centrist
VIP
crocodile tears of darods always crying about HG acting as if it was a one sided war. If y'all didn't want to be massacred (which I condemn) y'all shouldn't have started shit. Do you expect people to stand by while you kill and dictate people? I agree though the moryans should have left civilians out of it but darods were also killing civilians. As for the minorities thing, don't take things out of proportion only a handful of minorities were casualties of the war, minorities will tell you this themselves. The whole HG targeted minorities thing is a darod propaganda. Don't bring aideed into this, he was a warrior if he wasn't killed by traitors Somalia would be a better place today.

As for Galmudug, how is it a failure when it's safe and seeing fast development? All it is missing now is a leader. We'll see how the election goes.

crocodile tears of darods always crying about HG acting as if it was a one sided war. If y'all didn't want to be massacred (which I condemn) y'all shouldn't have started shit. Do you expect people to stand by while you kill and dictate people? I agree though the moryans should have left civilians out of it but darods were also killing civilians. As for the minorities thing, don't take things out of proportion only a handful of minorities were casualties of the war, minorities will tell you this themselves. The whole HG targeted minorities thing is a darod propaganda. Don't bring aideed into this, he was a warrior if he wasn't killed by traitors Somalia would be a better place today.

As for Galmudug, how is it a failure when it's safe and seeing fast development? All it is missing now is a leader. We'll see how the election goes.

:drakewtf:

HG killing and raping is not propaganda. Forget Daarood, I just posted a video about YOUR ELDER bragging about subjugating the shaanshi people.
It's too late to pretend that USC didn't commit evil acts. The whole world knows about USC and its antics.

"In Mogadishu, Faction militia, bandits, and clan militia are routinely
charged with using intimidation, detention, rape, kidnaping,
murder, and looting to gain or maintain power over the Somali
population"

The crux of this discussion is about Habar Gidir's lost opportunities to rule Somalia. As for Galmudug being a success? Unless you are proud of NOT controlling most of the claimed areas and unloading a few boats in Hobyo. :patrice:

Denial and lying is not going to change facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts