Land of Punt

Punt likely was more centred in modern Eritrean territory before its capital shifted further east. Unless we find some incredibly large archaeological finds dating to Punt, it is safe to say the royal seat was probably in modern Eritrea.

I believe Punt's territory included Eritrea, Djibouti and Somalia and also possibly land on the other side of the sea.

Our ancestors were in Eritrea for some time before migrating further south in their journey from the Nile Valley/Eastern Desert.

Punt likely was more centred in modern Eritrean territory before its capital shifted further east. Unless we find some incredibly large archaeological finds dating to Punt, it is safe to say the royal seat was probably in modern Eritrea.

I believe Punt's territory included Eritrea, Djibouti and Somalia and also possibly land on the other side of the sea.

Our ancestors were in Eritrea for some time before migrating further south in their journey from the Nile Valley/Eastern Desert.

Based on the Ancient Egyptian descriptions Punt was more like a localized emporium, than all-emcompassing one hugging different regions and decentralized headed by werew (chieftain). This is different than the hierarchical/centralized nature of the Gash group.

Here is what research scientist think at least:
Locating the ancient lost city of Punt with mummified baboons Scientists are able to narrow down the location of Punt by analysing ancient baboon remains
Nate - That's right. Punt was both a kingdom and an emporium on the coast. So there was a market town or port. And so we think the Egyptians would have pulled their ships up to the port and they may have purchased or traded for animals that were there in the port city. But the animals may have been sourced from farther inland, and that makes sense. We think the Puntites knew their market, they knew their consumers. And so they would have gathered animals from farther inland and brought them for trade with the Egyptians.

We are not identifying a group. We are identifying possible locations. With either Somalia or Eritrea being prime candidates.

Where is punt located is the thread topic. All that other stuff you are mentioning is completely unrelated to it. No idea to what you are on about , sorry.
Oh damn I guess I did forget the point was about the location my bad. Although I still think showing how there is a Continous tradition of trading incense and other goods and how there are customs and chatctersics describing these same people going back millenia obviously strengthens the case. Since it becomes a much smaller logical leap to show how punt is in somalia since the kingdom was merely a part of this long trading tradition that went on for millenia and wasn't a one off thing.

Oh damn I guess I did forget the point was about the location my bad. Although I still think showing how there is a Continous tradition of trading incense and other goods and how there are customs and chatctersics describing these same people going back millenia obviously strengthens the case. Since it becomes a much smaller logical leap to show how punt is in somalia since the kingdom was merely a part of this long trading tradition that went on for millenia and wasn't a one off thing.

Again continuous traditions has nothing to do with it. Were talking about possible locations from where these products that was traded to egypt and found in Ancient egyptian tombs can be sourced from and if the egyptians sources can be used to pin-point it throught their descriptions

If you don't mind could you do that please? Every bit of evidence helps

What i shared before that is more direct, like frankincense found in egyptian tombs only exclusively grows in Somalia and the Greco-Roman mentioning a Pharoah expedition to a Somali port and that same pharaoh is recorded in Egyptian stalae of going to Punt.

Key word ''indirect'' is what i said here:

The indirect evidences from the periplus documents mentions the imported products from Somali ports and most of them allign with the products Ancient Egyptians imported from punt in egyptians records.

And the Greco-Roman writings associates an Ancient Egyptian legacy with Somali coastal ports, naming them after Egyptian idols like Isis and carrying on romanized name for Kheto Ati --> Cape Aromata.