Investment projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
Hypothetically speaking if you had $1bn at your disposal solely for investment projects in Somalia what particular endeavours would you invest in?

First two that comes to mind for me is a cost effective road network and water treatment facilities.

Apollo

VIP
Probably set up a bunch of factories based on low wage manual labor and then export finished goods to the EU and China. Even with all the tariffs, they couldn't compete with Somalia wages.

Jujuman

Accomplished Saaxir
Probably set up a bunch of factories based on low wage manual labor and then export finished goods to the EU and China. Even with all the tariffs, they couldn't compete with Somalia wages.

I've heard the cost of living in Somalia is cheap aswell so that could work out for the workers perhaps?

Apollo

VIP
I've heard the cost of living in Somalia is cheap aswell so that could work out for the workers perhaps?

I would set up the factories in small towns in the middle of nowhere. So land prices will be dirt cheap.

And only hire Ethiopian Oromos, with no local connections so they are more loyal employees.

I would set up the factories in small towns in the middle of nowhere. So land prices will be dirt cheap.

And only hire Ethiopian Oromos, with no local connections so they are more loyal employees.

Instead of Ethiopian workers bring Somalis from different regions!!!!!!!:hmm:

Apollo

VIP
Instead of Ethiopian workers bring Somalis from different regions!!!!!!!:hmm:

Can't be trusted.

There's a reason why capitalists love immigrants: they are more loyal, work harder, etc.

I'd import Rohingyas from Burma over hiring Somalis in Somalia, LOL.

@Amun the idea of factories in small towns is old, the old regime built factories in different regions. Dalsoor is doing series about these abandoned factories

Can't be trusted.

There's a reason why capitalists love immigrants: they are more loyal, work harder, etc.

I'd import Rohingyas from Burma over hiring Somalis in Somalia, LOL.

Plz don't generalize, after all you are Somali which means that you can not be trusted.

Apollo

VIP
@Amun the idea of factories in small towns is old, the old regime built factories in different regions. Dalsoor is doing series about these abandoned factories

They weren't advanced. Talking a billion here. The old Somali gov never had such big budgets for a single project.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
buy loads of camels and capitalize on their milk.It's a fairly new market and Somalia host's half of the world's camels,Instead of selling the livestock to Arab countries we should capitalize from the highly beneficial milk and set up industries that exports the milk across continents.

Last edited:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Th plan is to have a foothold in many industries in my late 20s and chillax and reap the benefits in my 30s.The industries i am planning to enter are
agriculture(banana production),camel milk,frankincense production if possible and the fishing industry.
The banana production industry is a fairly new industry located in southern Somalia that is thriving.I plan to maximize yeild by purchasing huge swathes of arable land in the countryside(should be cheap 10k-20 at most) and employ dozens of locals to work the land,hence contributing to the economy of our country and providing much needed employment for our people whilst also acquiring some revenue.It's a win win situation

maestro

Cultural revolution
Th plan is to have a foothold in many industries in my late 20s and chillax and reap the benefits in my 30s.The industries i am planning to enter are
agriculture(banana production),camel milk,frankincense production if possible and the fishing industry.
The banana production industry is a fairly new industry located in southern Somalia that is thriving.I plan to maximize yeild by purchasing huge swathes of arable land in the countryside(should be cheap 10k-20 at most) and employ dozens of locals to work the land,hence contributing to the economy of our country and providing much needed employment for our people whilst also acquiring some revenue.It's a win win situation

Best of luck. I'm also interested in Industry but more manufacturering that farming. There is no secondary sector in Somalia or any other African country for that matter. The place is a literal gold mine.

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Best of luck. I'm also interested in Industry but more manufacturering that farming. There is no secondary sector in Somalia or any other African country for that matter. The place is a literal gold mine.
Thanks mate.The country is literally brand new and we the diaspora have the ability to mould it in any way we deem fit.All we need is enthusiastic youths to come back home an implement their skills learnt from the west.I intend to live the bulk of my adult life there and apart from setting up businesses i want to help people using the skills i have learnt over here in straya.

I was thinking along those lines as well sxb. I'd like to invest in food processing, textiles as a sub-contractor or go into joint ventures with global brands etc. Plus, exporting the products is key because the domestic market is small and there's big money to be made in exporting finished products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.