I'm giving you eyes but you misread the signs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD30

Bored to death
:francis: So when The Weeknd talks about girls pussy juice rain, he's appealing to Mama Africa? Foh with your bullshit. Somalis don't have what it take to break through cause judgmental fuckers will be on their case then you lot turn around and ask yourself why Somalis don't make it.
These people still using we got K'naan in 2015 :heh:

:francis: So when The Weeknd talks about girls pussy juice rain, he's appealing to Mama Africa? Foh with your bullshit. Somalis don't have what it take to break through cause judgmental fuckers will be on their case then you lot turn around and ask yourself why Somalis don't make it.
These people still using we got K'naan in 2015 :heh:

Doesnt matter he uses heritage and accordingly it has influenced his sound. Why do we have to break through in that garbage american music industry anyways? there are other markets out there. Judgemental? you mean upholding our values comes 4th and running around naked on screen shouting pussy becomes 1st.?:comeon:

hence why i admire K'naan even more. Selling your soul aint worth it.

Say what you want Knaan is still valid and destroys your argument. he got up there with using his cultural heritage.
Imagine what made him decline was the very Western Culture you preach.

AAs, Carribeans , White Americans and other Africans just as much infused their own culture to the mix.

Copying others wont get you far you wont stand out at all.:camby:

20120910-144744.jpg

:drakelaugh:

I forgot, he "censored" himself for the next 3 years. FOH, the nerve on this guy :heh::deadpeter: What a flop

Read the article he quit the music industry after he took your advice and produced that Westernized garbage album.
Now he is making movies and winning awards for it instead.

He did what you asked for and it utterly failed :drakegrin:

McD30

Bored to death
Yeah that's the reason he quit. He wasn't Western enough. Or could it be that he didn't get any airplay cause pretentious urban R&B shit sucks?

Lets all have a guess which demographic K'naan appeals to. :patrice:

Yeah that's the reason he quit. He wasn't Western enough. Or could it be that he didn't get any airplay cause pretentious R&B shit sucks? :patrice:

Lets all have a guess which demographic K'naan appeals to. :jgjrrmx:

Naw! He did the western garbage and it didnt work.

His previous works got nothing but praise and recognition. Played frequently in the airplays.
Billboard described it as "socially alert and frequently brilliant".[13] David Jeffries of Allmusic called Troubadour a "rewarding, often eye-opening spectacle", praising the selections for the guest artists and referring to K'naan as "ridiculously talented".[3] The album was shortlisted for the 2009 Polaris Music Prize.[14]About.com named Troubadour one of the best Rap Albums of 2009.[15]Troubadour was also included in PopMatters' list of top 60 albums of 2009, at a respectable 43rd position.[16] The album fetched K'naan three Juno Award nominations and he ultimately won Juno artist of the year.[17] 'The Independent gave it a perfect 10 out of 10 rating

Both of his two previous albums got awards and recongition by the hip hop and rap community.

Yet when people like you preached westernized crap the ship sank. People liked him because he was unique and different. Not because he adheres to western Filth.

Its about producing Quality work Saaxiib. Not Popular filth. in the long run this is what makes people remember you and how you influence people.

McD30

Bored to death
His work never changed, it was the same stuff and even featured the same artists like Nelly Furtado. Regardless, he is one example out of a whole race that we can say remotely made it in the music scene.

Why haven't any females made it?

His work never changed, it was the same stuff and even featured the same artists like Nelly Furtado. Regardless, he is one example out of a whole race that we can say remotely made it in the music scene.

You really love lying and making shit up dont ya? it was completly different. Not the same theme style not much or any rap at all.

In what previous album before that garbage one did he feature nelly? not in troubadour or Dusty foot philosopher.

The reason he added her on that western filth album is because his label forced him to.

Why haven't any females made it?

They dont add any somali culture in to the mix and because they are not unique, just bland copycats.:umwhat:

McD30

Bored to death
They don't make it because they don't have the image and their base audience are Somalis. Amaal Nuux is a perfect example. If you think adding Somali culture will get you any airplay then you are either stupid or high. :zhqjlmx:

They don't make it because they don't have the image and their base audience are Somalis.

Really?:comeon:

Somali audience?

Somali audience?:heh:

Amaal Nuux is a perfect example. If you think adding Somali culture will get you any airplay then you are either stupid or high. :zhqjlmx:

Amaal Nuux? she repped somali culture in one song mufasa which was on her EP songs. it got her a record deal that one song.

She got signed by drake. :camby:

Where is your evidence or any correlation between it? Most Somali artist dont even add somali culture. But strangely those who do get signed awards recognition. :fantasia2:

its funny you just talk shit about somali culture alot without any evidence or correlation between what you say.:mjlol:

if somali cutlure is a variable to failure in the music industry. Then why did K'naan go that far only stumble when he ditched it and why did Amaal Nuux get signed by drakes OVO label?

KNaan got that far because marketing over at Coca Cola liked his song Waving Flag. But they didn't like his original lyrics so they asked him to compromise and completely f*ck up the song and, guess what, he did. All for presumably the money from a massive World Tour and royalties.

He had no integrity from the jump, I don't know why you're so adamant in his defense.

KNaan got that far because marketing over at Coca Cola liked his song Waving Flag.

He was already an Well established and recognized artist before coca cola came in to picture. Oppurtunity comes he took it. Same thing happens to any artist.

But they didn't like his original lyrics so they asked him to compromise and completely f*ck up the song and, guess what, he did. All for presumably the money from a massive World Tour and royalties.

He had no integrity from the jump, I don't know why you're so adamant in his defense.

He released two versions of of the song. The one that got world recognition and popular was the original one and that song became Nr.1
The same original song was used for charity to haiti as well, that also became nr 1. Both the remix and the orginal became the Anthem.

He has no integrity cuz he made an alternative version of a song? even tho both were used as the Anthem. Logic!:childplease:

He along with Iman were the ones who brought world attention and humanitarian aid to Somalias famine!

From Iman to K'naan you have had zero validtity in your claims. This sounds like some desperate Trolly attempt to defame them.:camby:

Nigga you're so stupid. #1 in Canada means quite literally nothing.

Even on the Wikipedia page it says the original version had nothing to do with the World Cup. You cant find one WC or Coca Cola promotion with the original version.

He has no integrity because Coke came to him and said "we like your song, really just the hook and melody, but we don't like the message. Can you change it so we can sell products and events?" And he agreed.

I know you live on the internet, but I was an actual fan of KNaan since The Dusty Foot Philosoher, I observed almost his entire career. I don't say this often but I know more than you about KNaan, so sit down.

This kid is brain dead. Are you changing the goal post now?

We're talking about a Somali artist that made it to the degree The Weeknd has. Before the WC, if you mentioned KNaan no one would know who you were talking about, except maybe Canadians, Somalis and hip hop heads.

Nigga you're so stupid. #1 in Canada means quite literally nothing.

Like i said Nr.! it means alot in canada it means he got support

Even on the Wikipedia page it says the original version had nothing to do with the World Cup. You cant find one WC or Coca Cola promotion with the original version.

Wikipedia sacdiyos most trustworthy and reliable source!

He has no integrity because Coke came to him and said "we like your song, really just the hook and melody, but we don't like the message. Can you change it so we can sell products and events?" And he agreed.

An Alternative version of the song? The same original song was still used when he toured live and during the waving flag kick off celebration.

Saaxiib i dont see a problem with remixing the song.

I know you live on the internet,

Say the guy who lives on tumblr,twitter and Somali forums. :drakelaugh:

but I was an actual fan of KNaan since The Dusty Foot Philosoher, I observed almost his entire career. I don't say this often but I know more than you about KNaan, so sit down

Thats a lovely story. i knew of him since his poet circle days before the start of his career. he is related to me as well.

Stick to Your expertise which is drug addicting Hoodrats from compton. . So sit down boooyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.