I'm Anisa Hajimumin, Minister of Women's Development -- AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question is not really related to your portfolio as a minister of women affairs. I am hearing rumours that president Abdiweli Gaas secretly signed the agreement in Kismayo conference that stipulates that the upcoming election will be based on 4.5. Could you deny or confirm this?

I wish I knew. I never rely on rumors for Somalia had spent millions on phones bills and drinking tea discussion rumors :)

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
What do you think of the long term viability of federalism in regards to national cohesion?

Hi Anisa Hajimumin

Do you follow & support the BlackLivesMatter movement and what is your opinion on the topic? Especially on the topic of Black womenhood?

Did you go to university/college in the west? If so what was your major?

Ha! My fav subject. I grew up in the states. My BA is in Women Studies and Creative Writing in minor. My graduate degree is in public administration with emphasis on policy development.
I was a feminist from high school to college then became black philosphist-advocating for blacks, pan Africans, and Africans. #BlackLivesDoesMatter much more than we think, and we have the answer in terms of black perspective.
There are many ways we can tackle blacks' issues. While I was in college and enrolled on a course about Africa and Africa American Philosophy-I said in the debate team I was part of-that lest blacks become the judges, the lawyers, and the police more than they are in jails-the we shall see the real change we all are seeking to see in America and that will create the ripple effect on Africa where it is thought to be dead continent (not said loudly).
We need quite empowerment programs so to stop blacks discriminating one another because we are all one. Intellectual movement is the answer.
I do support black womenhood-I feel women can make a major transformation in the way of seeking complete liberation.
Thanks

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
Marwo Anisa i was wondering if you have forged or plan to forge ties with our kin who settled in Oman ages ago and where majority of them if im not mistaken are from your close subclan. The reason i am asking is that instead of seeking help from others should we not first seek from our own even if our diaspora been in a deep coma, i believe the diaspora in Oman have not been reached out to enough. Also maybe take lessons on how the omani king gave women rights and political representation.

In your time in the states what feminist & black advocative projects did you get involved in?

What inspired you in highschool that led you to the noble agenda of feminism and the wider interest in the black struggle?

What do you think is the problems & challenges against black womenhood?

Where is your stand on the topic of blackness when it pertains to Somalis?

Marwo Anisa i was wondering if you have forged or plan to forge ties with our kin who settled in Oman ages ago and where majority of them if im not mistaken are from your close subclan. The reason i am asking is that instead of seeking help from others should we not first seek from our own even if our diaspora been in a deep coma, i believe the diaspora in Oman have not been reached out to enough. Also maybe take lessons on how the omani king gave women rights and political representation.

Interesting! I have heard about this in the past-it is something to explore with and I welcome that. Thanks

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
As salamu alaikum minister,
Thousands of students graduate from Somali universities and high schools, but most of them end up unemployed after having spent a lot of money on acquiring higher education. This issue exacerbates the tahrib problem among the Somali youth. How does the Somali government or Puntland regional government plan to tackle this and create jobs for the youth?

In your time in the states what feminist & black advocative projects did you get involved in?

What inspired you in highschool that led you to the noble agenda of feminism and the wider pro black movement?

What is the problems & challenges against black womenhood?

In school, I was always involved in student senate (I served once) and advocated for African speaking French Students, Somali Student Association, Muslim Student Association, and African American Student Associations which I particularly continued throughout graduate school. In that process I was also a member of Sister's for Social Justice then participated in the "Vulva Project" which at the time to me was bit peculiar and extreme since it is within the woman to demand what happens with her parts.
I then was involved in blacks' debate groups on issues that matter to us, psychology group (that is when I was exploring and researching what ways to free the black mind psychologically which basically led me to my answer that is-we need intellectual movement). I was and still am big fan and follower of W.E.B Du Bois while I admired MKL Jr when in thought of peace processes and Marcus Garvey in fighting back the hard way and many more.
I took a project for black males that are chemically dependent and there I met many young Africans, including Somalis and Africa American that touched my life due to their brightness, ability to make difference and their situation. As a college kid, I could dream and aspire to advocate but the change I can make today was not within me then. I only empowered them which I feel that was never enough for a man that lost everything he had including naturally possessed individual privileges and found tunnel in drugs and alcohol.

What inspired me was that I always stood for justice. Or perhaps it was more of my wish as a child growing up-I dreamed of emulating Omar Ibn Khatab (RA) which by far I do not come close to his magnanimous characteristics.
I simply believed and I still do that if you can't fight for righteousness you might as well be fighting for wrongs.

The obstacles facing black women and their unity is that they are busy with personal gain and even the ones that reached their goals are somewhat absent from the blacks making difference.
I remember going in to black neighborhood where the police fears ( not that they were dangerous) where they produced basketball players that wouldn't dare to return to these places and help the black youth.
With black women uniting, I feel they can deal with lack of self esteem in terms of hair, looks, skin color, or status of power.
And to lift their sisters in need.
It begins empowerment, to address the situations black women are in and changing the negative attitude towards each other.
Without this, I fear it would be difficult for them to unite-and make a change I the way their men are.
Thanks

As salamu alaikum minister,
Thousands of students graduate from Somali universities and high schools, but most of them end up unemployed after having spent a lot of money on acquiring higher education. This issue exacerbates the tahrib problem among the Somali youth. How does the Somali government or Puntland regional government plan to tackle this and create jobs for the youth?

Awww brother,
Education in Somalia is cheap. I spent over $500 per credit in private schools. In here $3000 can help you earn a degree.
The problem is not the price of the education but the lack of a proper curriculum that will prepare the youth possess employable skills.
We are working on getting this right.
Thanks

Do you know the Warya Post owner Fadumo? If so what is your relationship with her? And what is your opinion on the work that she does?

Fatima is my friend. I also follow her posts. I think she is doing great work. She needs empowerment so she continues to help other women be fabulous like her.
Thanks

RedStar

The Bad Ali of Jigjiga
VIP
Awww brother,
Education in Somalia is cheap. I spent over $500 per credit in private schools. In here $3000 can help you earn a degree.
The problem is not the price of the education but the lack of a proper curriculum that will prepare the youth possess employable skills.
We are working on getting this right.
Thanks

Inshallah :nvjpqts:
P.S. I meant that it is expensive for a lot of students who come from a poor background.

Adeer, Anisa, this is Menace ( ima taqaanid se wan is baran karnaa). My question to you, that's if you'll even bother answering is, that I'm known here to curse/habaar Somali leadership from coast to coast for corruption and nepotism.

Markaas raali ma ka tahay in aan ku habaaro as long as you have embezzled or stolen any money, money you've attained through the position you have and your status.

You need to say Aamin at the end. If you are clean then you got nothing to worry about.

Oh Allah I ask that Anisa be blessed if she has not enjoyed one penny outside her job salary.

Oh Allah accept my habaar upon Anisa if she has used her position to gain financial wealth. May Anisa suffer a migraine headache that no medication can help. May she suffer a uterus catastrophe. May she be found to have cancer of the brain and the esophagus. May she have nightmares every other night of hyena eating her alive.

Aimin

Like I said, you ain't got nothin to worry abt as long as you've done nothing

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen.
It would be nice that you can stop by if you come to Garoe. You will only notice that people laugh at how much benefits I put in but gained on nothing. I owe nothing and will not do so because, I was sworn in on oath-I do not take that lightly. Plus I am confident that my only career won't be a politician, so financial losses aren't my thing.
Btw, follow me on Twiiter-I am very open about my leadership. I came here to make a difference not to steal.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts