I need to learn Arabic ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
There's a job opportunity in Kuwait. That means I've to speak basic Arabic.

How do I learn Arabic in 4 months?

Ya habibis Ana want to learn luqadul carabiya. Shukran.

There's no need, whoever you're working with will speak Anglais. Just learn greetings and niceties. You can't learn Arabic in 4 months btw it takes at least 4 years.

You can get by with just english over there. And you'll pick up the language easily enough after a couple of month since you're constantly immersed in it.
If you know somali then Arabic is a piece of cake :kanyeshrug:

Horta r u sure u want to move to Kuwait :tacky: it's such a tiny lil boring country lmao

^ plus it's the hottest place in the middle east. I've been to dubai and Qatar and those two places made Arizona(it gets 50 C in the summer in phoenix Arizona) look like it's paradise.

Gibiin-Udug

These videos helped me with basic conversations.

That's good enough :drakekidding:
Thanks that was actually helpful, I learned few phrases.

You can get by with just english over there. And you'll pick up the language easily enough after a couple of month since you're constantly immersed in it.
If you know somali then Arabic is a piece of cake :kanyeshrug:

Horta r u sure u want to move to Kuwait :tacky: it's such a tiny lil boring country lmao
Kuwait is beautiful plus the salary is undeniable. :banderas:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
Just learn the basics like grettings and stuff. marxaba=hello, kayfa xaaluka=how are you ,bi khair alhamdulilah=i'm good thanks to good.

Last edited:

Transparent

cismaan maxamuud
I speak fusxa Arabic or in other words the pure contemporary Arabic of the quran. I have a hard time understanding the slang of lebos and syrians although ,i can pick up bits and pieces.

Gibiin-Udug

I speak fusxa Arabic or in other words the pure contemporary Arabic of the quran. I have a hard time understanding the slang of lebos and syrians although ,i can pick up bits and pieces.
That's really awesome. I wish I spoke more than 2 languages.

Arabic is actually quite hard, the grammar is out there. Even Hebrew speakers would struggle with it really.

Always thought English was enough there

Oh I meant it wouldn't be too difficult if you already know somali. We have a lot of loan words in common plus you've already got the pronounciation down so that's half the battle lol

You're right about the grammar tho it can be a confusing mess. Not to mention that MSA and street Arabic sounds vastly different. The former is good for academics and understanding the news but you'll be mocked relentlessly if you try it in everyday speak :ftw9nwa:

Status
Not open for further replies.