How do you tell your wannabe rapper homie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
I have a friend who has gotten into this wannabe rapper phase for a while , at first i didn't think much of it and thought it was some hobby like thing and it will blow over. Its been 3 years now and this nigga is more serious than ever, he really thinks he has a future in this. He has created a sound cloud, created a facebook , twitter page with his shitty stage name and email for booking

This is so problematic because he really sucks donkey ass. He is soo bad you get this really strong second hand embarrassment from it.:ohhhdamn:
Somehow no one tells him this, people are fucking dishonest as hell(Myself included). Everyone gives him fake confidence to spare and because of that he thinks he is the shit. :ohlord:If no one does anything he is going to end up thinking his some kinda Kendrick Lamar or Eminem :mjcry: (he probably does already)

Him and I are pretty tight we have been pals since childhood and i hate seeing him waste his time and future with this, yet i don't want break his soul by telling him and potentially ruining the friendship.

How do i go about breaking it down to him? How do i cure this disease?

Should i endure this?:kendrickcry:

Last edited:
Tell him he's shit and show him some documentary about AA rappers who never made it and failed. They prolly exist just use Google

Dhabaal

Part time -Devils Advocate Full time- Anarchist
Tell him he's shit and show him some documentary about AA rappers who never made it and failed. They prolly exist just use Google

It is not that simple bro i can't just walk up to him and tell him he shit. Do you have experience in how it plays out?

Plus this guy is soo deep into it mentally, he seriously thinks he is spitting hot fire.

ace mooha

Up and coming sniper.
I have a friend who has gotten into this wannabe rapper phase for a while , at first i didn't think much of it and thought it was some hobby like thing and it will blow over. Its been 3 years now and this nigga is more serious than ever, he really thinks he has a future in this. He has created a sound cloud, created a facebook , twitter page with his shitty stage name and email for booking

This is so problematic because he really sucks donkey ass. He is soo bad you get this really strong second hand embarrassment from it.:ohhhdamn:
Somehow no one tells him this, people are fucking dishonest as hell(Myself included). Everyone gives him fake confidence to spare and because of that he thinks he is the shit. :ohlord:If no one does anything he is going to end up thinking his some kinda Kendrick Lamar or Eminem :mjcry: (he probably does already)

Him and I are pretty tight we have been pals since childhood and i hate seeing him waste his time and future with this, yet i don't want break his soul by telling him and potentially ruining the friendship.

How do i go about breaking it down to him? How do i cure this disease?

Should i endure this?:kendrickcry:
I blame you sxb.

Tell the nigga the truth...even if it costs your friendship with him.
be true to him and Wallahi you will never regret or later when it hits him and is looking for a person to blame... you'll be the one who gets blamed...

Tell him the truth.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Why you tryna guilt trip me son:mjkkk:

Don't you think giving him false hopes worse for him in the long run?

You're last statement is the answer you're looking for.

Just tell him he should have a plan B with life, if he had real talent it would have been discovered by now

VixR

Veritas
If someone's passionately pursuing something, I'm not going to stop them or steer them. It's not my journey. That would be to shatter his niyah. Did he explicitly ask you? That's only reason I'd see to spit the bare naked truth in something that otherwise doesn't concern me (nor would I give fake hope). Neutral unless consulted.

Make an anonymous email account and email him saying "you're absolutely garbage. Wallahi your rapping is horrible and everyone thinks this way. Stop embarassing yourself and also stop embarassing us. Dont ever bring this up to anyone.".

Very very critical anonymous email that will make him hurt. This way he will stop it and he won't know it's you and your friendship won't be ruined

I would tell him to pursue it but to not quit his day job as well to fall back on just in case. And with every new music he makes you listen to...don't lie to him and tell him you just aren't feeling it and that something is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending