Hodan Nalayeh on dad day

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
This is my dad. He returned to #Somalia after the independence of 1960. He came back after being an activist for many years in Aden, Yemen with the hopes of rebuilding his country in the late 1960s. He climbed the ranks of politics and eventually became the Governor Galgaduud and was based in Dhuusamareeb, a city that had many clan tensions, but he often fought for the rights of the poor. He complained many times to the former President of Somalia the importance of fair treatment for all Somalis. His words often fell to deaf ears. My father struggled with having so much integrity in a country known for its bias of everyone. After many years of seeing where the country was headed, my father joined his many friends including Ahmed Mohamed (Silanyo), Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed (AUN), Mohamed Farrah Hassan Aidid (AUN) and headed to #Ethiopia to change his country. As his integrity never left him, my father realized many who joined him in Ethiopia did not have the best interest of the #Somali people. While his dreams were dying in front of him, he realized he had 11 children who needed his work. He took his 11 children & wife to another country with all his dreams packed in a suitcase...that was 1984. He never looked back and started working at a parking garage to support us when we arrived in Edmonton, Alberta. From having maids, drivers, staff to working in a parking lot collecting minimum wage, he started from the bottom. He never talked about the pain of having to start over in life, but as a little girl, I admired his intelligence, love of books and politics. I never understood his pain until I travelled back home. After visiting #Mogadishu, all my father's hopes flashed in front of my eyes. Today, I can feel his pain. I can imagine his dreams. But I am grateful that my father put his responsibility first. Happy Father's Day to my dad, Ahmed Said Nalayeh, who followed his dreams to #Somalia, but realized his children's dreams were more valid.

"my father joined his many friends including Ahmed Mohamed (Silanyo), Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed (AUN), Mohamed Farrah Hassan Aidid (AUN) and headed to #Ethiopia to change his country. As his integrity never left him, my father realized many who joined him in Ethiopia did not have the best interest of the #Somali people. "

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
even a donkey will attempt to glorify his/her unknown father and will even try to lump him to famous self-made man.

Surely if Abdullahi Yusuf, Farax caydiid and Ahmd Siilanyo would ve been asked "you guys remember this guy" I'm sure they would've said "never heard of him" but here we have Mss Always-Teenager (at 45 she likes to giggle with girls she could be their mother and grandma to their kids).

I just buy her story..,.on top of that I don't celebrate gaalo stuff...its just not organic...I appreciate my father always not a commercially intended singular day

He was a government employee in Edmonton. He worked with Native people (social programs). He retired a few years ago.

From governor to low level bureaucrat lol

He was a government employee in Edmonton. He worked with Native people (social programs). He retired a few years ago.

From governor to low level bureaucrat lol

At least he refused to be on pay roll of Ethiopia somalia'enemy for 600 years. He did not get along with Barre regime so left the country not run to enemy of our country and sell your country future.

waraabe

Your superior
LooooooooooL about his friends being siilanyo, Aidid and Yusuf. :dead:

This airhead wants to bullshit again

waraabe

Your superior
At least he refused to be on pay roll of Ethiopia somalia'enemy for 600 years. He did not get along with Barre regime so left the country not run to enemy of our country and sell your country future.

Anyone who kills innocent somali is the enemy of somali people.

canuck can you please explain to me why a minority group like the tigrays can hold so much power over oromos and amharas(which there language is the national language)

You can not free someone who do not want to be free, Somalis in Ogaden want to be free and would never accept the state of third degree (slaves)citizen in Ethiopia. Look Somalis in Kenya let say they got their rights they are first degree citizens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending