Has Anyone Converted From Gas Heating To Electric?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Has anyone done any energy conversion in their home from gas appliances(hot water, heating, cooking) to all electrical? Electricity isn't cheap to run and usually around 25 cents a kilowatt? I need to migrate because of the following reason;

1. Govt is ending fossil fuels by 2045 nationally under their 2050 clean energy targets. My state govt has an ambition plan of 2035 going fossil fuel neutral by offsetting thru solar and batteries.

2. My gas heater is old like 40 years old and is at its end of life and needs to be upgraded so I'm thinking switch to all electric cause if I go gas it will be phased out of our market by 2035 to 2050.

So my plan is to go all electric thru a mix of solar and grid system at night. I did research batteries option but it's far to expensive vs the minimal saving u get, so the pay off period is far to long like a decade before it pays itself off thru off-setting my bill.

So I'm looking at my gas bill and we use around 85 to 100k megajoules a year(all four quarters) which covers all appliances such as heater, cooking, hot water. They say 60% of that usage usually is heating, 30% hot water, 10% cooking. So my yearly heating consumption is 51000 MJ, hot water is 25000 MJ, cooking is 8000 MJ if we assume 85000 MJ a year which is minimum. If we assume the maximum which is 100000 MJ, then it's 60000 MJ for heating, 30000 MJ for hot water, 10000 MJ for cooking.

These are minimum and maximum range based on 2 years of electricity bill information, I prefer to know my minimum and maximum ranges as averaging between it is possible.

According to experts they say for 1 electricity kwh it's worth 3.6 MJ. So let's say I upgrade my heater to electric and my consumption is 51000 to 60000 MJ a year which is mainly thru the winter period, I consume around 4000 KW minimum, that's If you assume 51000 MJ and this is a total not per hour but per yearly.

The major electric branded heaters, they argue you will get 4 KW heat output for 1 KW input from electricity provider. So I will be drawing from the greedy electricity companies around 3000 to 4000 kw total in a year for my heating at a bare minimum. 4000 KW total at 25 cents per 1 kw will give me yearly bill of $1000 minimum. But this is using bill data from a very old gas heating appliance that is 40 years old and has lots of leaking and is isn't serviced nor efficient.

Im planning on sealing windows and doors to keep heat loss to a minimum and I am going to ensure the ducting has best insulation materials for residential. I am also offsetting this by having solar panels and heating up the home during 10 to 4 when the sun is at its optimal in winter and then using the appliances economical setting after 5 to 10 PM during winter so their will be lots of offsetting to bring that bill down to 750 a year is my target. Then I need to replace my hot water system which is gas and use my solar to heat it up during the day and only consume as much as I can before it uses the grid system.

Plus note I'll also get $500 to $1000 in solar exports to the grid yearly to cover and offset my grid based electrical usage.

@Libaax-Joore it's not faan to spend money for bilaash, I am a Jew when it comes to reducing my expenses while maximizing my investments and I keep my savings to only cover expenses and shift the rest into high interest accounts to counter yearly inflation. As you said wax waalan waxaa ka fujiyo wax waalan.

Last edited:

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Has anyone done any energy conversion in their home from gas appliances(hot water, heating, cooking) to all electrical? Electricity isn't cheap to run and usually around 25 cents a kilowatt? I need to migrate because of the following reason;

1. Govt is ending fossil fuels by 2045 nationally under their 2050 clean energy targets. My state govt has an ambition plan of 2035 going fossil fuel neutral by offsetting thru solar and batteries.

2. My gas heater is old like 40 years old and is at its end of life and needs to be upgraded so I'm thinking switch to all electric cause if I go gas it will be phased out of our market by 2035 to 2050.

So my plan is to go all electric thru a mix of solar and grid system at night. I did research batteries option but it's far to expensive vs the minimal saving u get, so the pay off period is far to long like a decade before it pays itself off thru off-setting my bill.

So I'm looking at my gas bill and we use around 85 to 100k megajoules a year(all four quarters) which covers all appliances such as heater, cooking, hot water. They say 60% of that usage usually is heating, 30% hot water, 10% cooking. So my yearly heating consumption is 51000 MJ, hot water is 25000 MJ, cooking is 8000 MJ if we assume 85000 MJ a year which is minimum. If we assume the maximum which is 100000 MJ, then it's 60000 MJ for heating, 30000 MJ for hot water, 10000 MJ for cooking.

These are minimum and maximum range based on 2 years of electricity bill information, I prefer to know my minimum and maximum ranges as averaging between it is possible.

According to experts they say for 1 electricity kwh it's worth 3.6 MJ. So let's say I upgrade my heater to electric and my consumption is 51000 to 60000 MJ a year which is mainly thru the winter period, I consume around 4000 KW minimum, that's If you assume 51000 MJ and this is a total not per hour but per yearly.

The major electric branded heaters, they argue you will get 4 KW heat output for 1 KW input from electricity provider. So I will be drawing from the greedy electricity companies around 3000 to 4000 kw total in a year for my heating at a bare minimum. 4000 KW total at 25 cents per 1 kw will give me yearly bill of $1000 minimum. But this is using bill data from a very old gas heating appliance that is 40 years old and has lots of leaking and is isn't serviced nor efficient.

Im planning on sealing windows and doors to keep heat loss to a minimum and I am going to ensure the ducting has best insulation materials for residential. I am also offsetting this by having solar panels and heating up the home during 10 to 4 when the sun is at its optimal in winter and then using the appliances economical setting after 5 to 10 PM during winter so their will be lots of offsetting to bring that bill down to 750 a year is my target. Then I need to replace my hot water system which is gas and use my solar to heat it up during the day and only consume as much as I can before it uses the grid system.

Plus note I'll also get $500 to $1000 in solar exports to the grid yearly to cover and offset my grid based electrical usage.

@Libaax-Joore it's not faan to spend money for bilaash, I am a Jew when it comes to reducing my expenses while maximizing my investments and I keep my savings to only cover expenses and shift the rest into high interest accounts to counter yearly inflation. As you said wax waalan waxaa ka fujiyo wax waalan.
Add iyo add ditoore afnareed bilaash ula ma bixin 👹

Libaax-Joore

Beesha haplogroup e-by8081
VIP
Libaax-joore to Ditoore @DR OSMAN dont let our success discourage you 😂😂 I know Landhere reer yoonis been tough for you🤡 don’t let ur frustration on me saxib geeleena iyo geelina isku mel ma daqaan just keep ur head up and live to fight another day 🙏🏽 birta dhere is forever gone wa magaalo mohamed ugaar only Landhere expend and langaab loose everything and die in ciil

Anthony Joshua to Francis Ngannou

"Don’t let this discourage you. Don't let success go to your head and never let your failures reach your heart. I think he is an asset to boxing. Don't be discouraged, I respect you despite everything. I know we had to fight but I told him to keep his head up. If he listens to this, I know he has his foundation in Cameroon with people who are struggling to get by. I want to partner with him and see if we can also do good work for the African community.
IMG_6705.jpeg

Trending

Latest posts