Friendly reminder: No derailing or qabyalaad in the general section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't do any topic derailing or qabyalaad talk in the general section.

Derailing is when you post a comment and it changes the entire direction of the topic to something totally different. To put it into context: You talk about say a Chris Brown song but it turns into say, a 50 Cent song when someone says 50 Cent is better. This is fine. This is not derailing.

However, if someone is talking about global warming and you decide to steer the direction into a discussion about a terror attack that just happened, that is not allowed. Totally different topics. Not related whatsoever.

Also, qabyalaad is not allowed in the general section. If you guys want to mention the clan of a singer, that is fine but you cannot bring out Google Books screenshots when you want to humilate that person and their clan and say, "Abdi from 1959 did this, just like his granddaughter today". You can't do that. The topic is about the singer.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
Please don't do any topic derailing or qabyalaad talk in the general section.

Derailing is when you post a comment and it changes the entire direction of the topic to something totally different. To put it into context: You talk about say a Chris Brown song but it turns into say, a 50 Cent song when someone says 50 Cent is better. This is fine. This is not derailing.

However, if someone is talking about global warming and you decide to steer the direction into a discussion about a terror attack that just happened, that is not allowed. Totally different topics. Not related whatsoever.

Also, qabyalaad is not allowed in the general section. If you guys want to mention the clan of a singer, that is fine but you cannot bring out Google Books screenshots when you want to humilate that person and their clan and say, "Abdi from 1959 did this, just like his granddaughter today". You can't do that. The topic is about the singer.
Thank you saxib. This is perfect example: http://www.somalispot.com/threads/why-dont-you-want-bantus-to-be-in-somalia.17396/page-15

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
We all know who started the derailing in that thread. :manny:

Seriously though, derailing rules and topic banning must be strictly enforced.
I'm not blaming or picking sides, just an example lol. But, we agree, so it's all good.

We all know who started the derailing in that thread. :manny:

Seriously though, derailing rules and topic banning must be strictly enforced.

They are enforced.

Those comments were deleted. All reports are dealt with.

Anyways I warned all of y'all. Don't start crying and wailing when I give people warnings. I don't want to hear 'unfair mod", "qabiliste", "you never told me", etc or go crazy when I ban you.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Not just in the generals but no qabil discussions outside of the politics & clan sections and no tolerance for derailment at all. Create your own topic but don't derail others or else. :ufdup:

Not just in the generals but no qabil discussions outside of the politics & clan sections and no tolerance for derailment at all. Create your own topic but don't derail others or else. :ufdup:
Sometimes derailing is good. Especially when the OP topic is a bait :umad:

Duchess

VIP
Sometimes derailing is good. Especially when the OP topic is a bait :umad:

Who defines what's 'bait' though? Some people think anyone who doesn't agree with them is a troll or trying to bait them. It's a slippery slope.

Who defines what's 'bait' though? Some people think anyone who doesn't agree with them is a troll or trying to bait them. It's a slippery slope.
Why not let the OP decide? Unless they report it the mods should let it go. Some of those threads that get derailed are very entertaining to read :icon lol:

But there should be no tolerance for qabyaalad in the general section.

Duchess

VIP
Why not let the OP decide? Unless they report it the mods should let it go. Some of those threads that get derailed are very entertaining to read :icon lol:

But there should be no tolerance for qabyaalad in the general section.

Fair enough, we will let the OP decide but if OP does not report the first instance of derailment, we will not punish anyone for derailment and will leave the topic as is so as long as it doesn't get too ugly. Otherwise I can see this turning cliquey quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending