Free-Slaves: Did Somalia ever actually become independent? What is the illusion-of-independence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad that independence was given to Somalis
I don't think you know the history of Somalia Italiana very well.
:kanyehmm:

Resistance against the "white powers" continued well into the dying days of colonialism in Somalia. After the end of the Second World War, there were massive demonstrations against colonialism and in support of the SYL & Abdullahi Issa in Mogadishu. Dozens of Italian colonial troops, Zaptie, were killed. The famous monument of Dhagaxtuur commemorates the freedom struggle of the people of Mogadishu against colonialism.
Muqdisho_Keydmedia-926x500.jpg

The famous Barsane Revolt in which took place in 1924, the Biimaal revolt and the Lafoole Massacre of Italian Colonial troops are all beautiful examples which refute all your baseless claims of southern Somalis not fighting against the colonialists & being given independence on a plate.

How could we accept a UN resolution that was granted by the white powers of the world, a resolution which turned Somalia into a area that was lead by Somalis but still overseen by Italy and the UN, as a sign of our independence? :francis:

Crazy shit man
Abdullahi Issa's gallant efforts in taking the fight to the UN and defeating "the white powers" using the pen, was the reason Somalis achieved self rule and ultimately an independent nation in the horn.

The very same reason Somalia was one of the first nations on the continent to be granted independence.
:kanyeshrug:

Last edited:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Not that I agree with your video, but for argument's sake let's say I did; is somali history entirely negative to you? Nothing good came out of you so far? Somalis have resisted the most in any group of Africa. The only people who the English used planes to bombard(the first plane to be sent to any people in Africa). The only country NOT to have been unilaterally colonized. What do all these signify to you? I'll wait, take your time.

Good questions. I think that understanding Somali History, and the position of Somali people in this current world, could make Somalis (all over the world) into a force to be reckoned with. Our history is not entirely negative. Like the histories of all peoples, we displayed moments of great courage (such as with the darawish) and protracted periods that lacked courage and foresight. The cruelty of the world toward us, and our reactions to this cruelty ( i.e our confusion, courageousness, and cowardice) should be equally discussed. This is my stance.

Unfortunately, a large majority of our people have concealed the cruelties that we faced in niceties and comforting perspectives. By dismissing, ignoring, and distorting the cruelties that we faced, we have blinded ourself from our hidden strength. In other words, we have failed to take advantage of the opportunities that our unique experiences on this earth (as Somalis) affords us. The unlocked power of our people is in the pain that we share, and it is locked in the ways in which we've (in some moments) responded to this pain.

In section 13.0 of my series, which i will post on this forum soon, i prove that Somalis have the most potential of totally altering the whole socio-political-economic-racial structure of this world. In comparison to all other nations and peoples, we have a flag who's implications can never be watered down. So, from my perspective, I know that we are the ones who will break the idealogical foundations of the current order of this earth. But we can't get to that moment, if we don't accept ourselves and our history. In other words, we may have the temperament to actualize the dervish dream, but we can never actualize a dream that we don't fully understand.

Last edited:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
I don't think you know the history of Somalia Italiana very well.
:kanyehmm:

Resistance against the "white powers" continued well into the dying days of colonialism in Somalia. After the end of the Second World War, there were massive demonstrations against colonialism and in support of the SYL & Abdullahi Issa in Mogadishu. Dozens of Italian colonial troops, Zaptie, were killed. The famous monument of Dhagaxtuur commemorates the freedom struggle of the people of Mogadishu against colonialism.
Muqdisho_Keydmedia-926x500.jpg

The famous Barsane Revolt in which took place in 1924, the Biimaal revolt and the Lafoole Massacre of Italian Colonial troops are all beautiful examples which refute all your baseless claims of southern Somalis not fighting against the colonialists & being given independence on a plate.

Abdullahi Issa's gallant efforts in taking the fight to the UN and defeating "the white powers" using the pen, was the reason Somalis achieved self rule and ultimately an independent nation in the horn.

The very same reason Somalia was one of the first nations on the continent to be granted independence.
:kanyeshrug:

I do not doubt that some of our people were courageous and that a large majority were cowards. And i am not discounting the efforts that our people made.

You said in your last statement "Somalia was one of the first nations on the continent to be granted independence." This, GRANTING, then is the problem.

The question that I'm asking is, how can the people who murdered and abused you and your kin for generations, grant you anything?

Anything that your enemy grants you, is something that your enemy knows will ruin you.

In the videos of this section, i prove that we were not granted anything but more pain and suffering.
And Such a grant is actually a curse and a condemnation.

Last edited:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Your probably right the amount of "I'm 25 percent Italian" I hear on daily basis from basic ass Somalis that know damn well they're not mixed with anything is crazy. Those people are slaves to cadaans in real life.
:farole:

You are right indeed :cosbyhmm:
i feel embarrassed when i see our people talking like that :meleshame:

CX2now0UQAAv0Hy.jpg

Anything that your enemy grants you, is something that your enemy knows will ruin you.

In the videos of this section, i prove that we were not granted anything but more pain and suffering.
And Such a grant is actually a curse and a condemnation.
You are clutching at straws.

Once you are occupied, you cannot grant yourself independence, it must be granted to you.

The enemy granted us independence because they were defeated both in Somalia and at the UN by Abdullahi Issa (AUN).
Abdullahi_Issa_Mohamud.jpg

Last edited:

Madara x

Sleep soundly
You are clutching at straws.

Once you are occupied, you cannot grant yourself independence, it must be granted to you.

The enemy granted us independence because they were defeated both in Somalia and at the UN by Abdullahi Issa (AUN).
Abdullahi_Issa_Mohamud.jpg

I'm not grasping at straws. One does not undermine domination by submitting to the dominant force and begging for salvation. Haiti is an example of a nation that granted itself independence (without asking for it) by annihilating its colonizers. It suffered a lot in the long run, but it is still recognized for its courage. The Somali Dervish resistance, led by the sayyid, also chose to not ask for their freedom, but they took it. And Their courage is one of the largest points of pride in our history.

I understand what your saying tho. The available avenues for action were surely limited after we were occupied, and asking for freedom was definitely the path of least resistance. Just like us, most African nations begged their colonizers to grant them independence.
This is why were all still begging the IMF and U.N (modern day financial and political branches of the colonial machine) for crumbs and trinkets.

Madara x

Sleep soundly
This is Madara x while he types up these threads.
gimping.gif

He even put an x after his name. The thirst is real. :heh:
We get it man. From now on please keep your fetish to yourself.

Another trolling comment. If you have to use insults to make your point, then you probably shouldn't make it at all eh buddy.

And yes i have x after my name. I am a fan of Malcom x. And that is why i put the x there.

So, what is your point?

Madara x

Sleep soundly
Like constantly claiming that Somalis were a slave race in several threads with no evidence and constantly ignoring evidence proving otherwise by users like @Prince of Hobyo and even @Prince of Lasanod? You mean faulty arguments like that?
:camby:

Troll. Read carefully. Comment on video contents, or keep it moving.

In regards to your question:
First of all. Most people don't have a nuanced understanding of the word slave. Slave means more than chains, whips, and being shipped. Whenever i use this word, i am using a different definition than most faraxs and halimos. So, what you think the word means, and what i know it means are totally different. In addition, Somalis are not a race. I'm guessing that's a typo mistake that you made. If its not a typo, then please explain what you mean by saying Somalis are a race.

Secondly, i realized a long time ago that the information that i am presenting on could've been incorrect. After all, they are claims that i extracted from books; books that were published by institutions who have their own political agenda. Hence, I am showcasing the contents of these books on this forum, and through my videos, in order to assess their authenticity. And i do this by seeing what other people have to say about this information. Also, i am not ignoring evidence that is provided by users. Rather, i am paying close attention this evidence and i am integrating what makes sense into my belief system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending