First recorded case of coffee being drank was by a somali man

Garaad diinle

 
Does it only talk about Dir kings
It's more of a gadabuursi story than a dir story. It's a chronical of the suldaans of gadabuursi and their origin story. It mentions the drought of the 16th century also mentioned in some harari manuscript it also talks about ala bore from the ala clan of oromo that was defeated by the cisse clan.

This is the very same sheikh i've mentioned in another post.

It's said that he travelled from northern eritrea all the way down to zaylac where he meet sa'ad a-din. He then travelled to the interior in the lands of adal. All this is said to have been writing down on a manuscript in yemen that hasn't been digitalized yet. I tried to find it cause i thought it may contain the oldest mention of sheikh samaroon who fought alongside sa'ad a-din.

I think coffee was introduced to yemen multiple times with oldest mention being this sheikh. The story of khaldi which is in reality a folk story is a mistranslation of the original story. Khaldi which comes from khalid an arabic name is muslim and the so called priest were two sufi sheikhs that is also credited with introduction of coffee to yemen and priest being the european translation of sheikh.
نيوزيمن
https://www.newsyemen.net › new
قصة اكتشاف القهوة ومكتشفها في المخا باليمن (11)

Trending