Fb live is worst thing 2 happen to Somalis. Single mother wails and accuses the father of her kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

Fast forward it into the 8th minute or something.

I, for one, refuse to sympathize with her on the basis that this is an internal family matter. The man accused is not present to defend himself.

She spoke nothing but the truth, I like the part around 12:30 ish part till 15:00. She's just calling out shitty cultural expectations, you can tell she's mad and frustrated. Still watching

s always hiding behind 'internal family matters' excuses. Being a bystander makes you just as guilty :camby:

DiricLover

Qalanjo
yoo I'm half way through this video and I'm actually tearing up. You can tell deep down inay dhibaataysantahay miskiinta. I agree with her 100% our culture does protect these faraxs

hqdefault.jpg

Give it ten hours before man like dabz responds with a video counselling the lady .:dabcasar:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
yoo I'm half way through this video and I'm actually tearing up. You can tell deep down inay dhibaataysantahay miskiinta. I agree with her 100% our culture does protect these faraxs

Buuuu haaa! Do we have the man's side ? Do we know what she contributed to the divorce ? Do we know how she treats him with the kids?

We only know his alleged faults

Walee you people would never have a proper court. Always leaning towards a kangaroo court.

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
I can't watch it all. Someone please give me cliff notes.
I just finished the video. She sent her kids (10 y.o girl, 6y/o boy and another boy idk how old) to Somalia to stay with their father (ex-husband) because she fears they'll end up in jail and get killed like her neighbour's son. Her ex-husband is now being a by not allowing her children to call her and I'm assuming other underhanded shit. Other than that she's talking about Somali men's wrong doing in our culture. Every where they go, Somali women are asked where their men are at etc. Somali men have 'white privilege' in Somali culture. She's speaking up on behalf of other women that can't tolerate it anymore. She doesn't go in specifics so I'm not sure what exactly is being done wrong but I'm assuming the absence of Somali men in their children's lives. Semantics aside, she's speaking the truth to be honest.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Buuuu haaa! Do we have the man's side ? Do we know what she contributed to the divorce ? Do we know how she treats him with the kids?

Walee you people would never have a proper court. Always leaning towards a kangaroo court.
That's women for you in a nut shell :manny:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I watched parts of the video and I totally agree with her. The sad part is older Somali women don't support the younger ones, instead the young women are told it's their fault, she should have been strong etc. Somali women should support each other, we are the backbone of Somalis. We have neefs like @UncleMenace who thinks he can make decisions but at the end of the day it's his mom or older sister influencing him.

I just finished the video. She sent her kids (10 y.o girl, 6y/o boy and another boy idk how old) to Somalia to stay with their father (ex-husband) because she fears they'll end up in jail and get killed like her neighbour's son. Her ex-husband is now being a by not allowing her children to call her and I'm assuming other underhanded shit. Other than that she's talking about Somali men's wrong doing in our culture. Every where they go, Somali women are asked where their men are at etc. Somali men have 'white privilege' in Somali culture. She's speaking up on behalf of other women that can't tolerate it anymore. She doesn't go in specifics so I'm not sure what exactly is being done wrong but I'm assuming the absence of Somali men in their children's lives. Semantics aside, she's speaking the truth to be honest.
She is part of the problem.we have to stop this scaremongering culture of "my kidis will join a Gangis if they don't get sent abroad ".i have seen this culture in my own family whereby children are taken abroad and then the husband and wife play politics with the kids every time they fall out.dont send your kids to a dead end place like Somalia with a farax and then cry on camera .i ain't buying this crap . She should have kept her kids or gone with them.no two ways about it .

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP

It's pure dhaqan xumo and sad part of our culture. We can talk all we want that we're not as barbaric and savage as Indians and Arabs are to their women but we have pretty deep rooted misogynistic elements in our dhaqan, and many men do have "white privilege". Feminism has been dragged through the mud as if it's an ebola virus but truth be told we need a feminist revolution in Somali culture.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
She is part of the problem.we have to stop this scaremongering culture of "my kidis will join a Gangis if they don't get sent abroad ".i have seen this culture in my own family whereby children are taken abroad and then the husband and wife play politics with the kids every time they fall out.dont send your kids to a dead end place like Somalia with a farax and then cry on camera .i ain't buying this crap . She should have kept her kids or gone with them.no two ways about it .

Some people send their kids back for having an attitude or showing attraction to boys/girls, in other words being a natural teenager. Somalis in the West are scared that their shadow will "ruin" their kids.

DiricLover

Qalanjo

Buuuuu haaaaa kaaga cun doqonyahow

If you actually bothered to even watch the whole video you'd have known in the majority of the video she was talking in general, how in our culture that the men are wrongly protected and how the women are left with all the responsibilities also, the stigma attached to single mothers.

She did not mention the short comings of her husbands nor how their marriage broke down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending