Expanding the trade and cooperation between Somaliland and Ethiopia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
Build roads between all towns and permanent villages and the rest will take care of itself.

Dire Dewa's son

Malik Obama 4 president.
Investment in roads and government incentives for traders would be a start. Maybe tariff free zones can help in the short run.

waraabe

Your superior
Build roads between all towns and permanent villages and the rest will take care of itself.

Definitely, basic infrastructure such as roads are a must for economic development. I suggest a train line from Addis Ababa to Berbera (passing through hargeisa)

Young Popeye

Call me pops
an economic/political union would be great, which includes free trade and eventually freedom of movement for workers. this would assist in economic growth for the region but there's consequences such as diminishing sovereignty. Whichever region pulls the most economic growth will hold the most power.

waraabe

Your superior
an economic/political union would be great, which includes free trade and eventually freedom of movement for workers. this would assist in economic growth for the region but there's consequences such as diminishing sovereignty. Whichever region pulls the most economic growth will hold the most power.

I don't advocate for an economic union or political union due to me being big on sovereignty but I would be united with Ethiopia before u consider a union with a.

Also i support the free movement of skilled labour only.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
I don't advocate for an economic union or political union due to me being big on sovereignty but I would be united with Ethiopia before u consider a union with a.

Also i support the free movement of skilled labour only.

It really depends though, if both countries are on par economic wise, there wont be any need for restrictions, you just need to make obtaining citizenship difficult once they are in. SL will benefit from Ethiopia's vast market, as there will be demand in exchange, Ethiopia get access to the sea for importing and exporting goods to the international market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending