Ethiopian Band performs famous song Diriyam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
When did the weeknd start singing in Somali? :what1:

It's not cultural exchange. Somali songs should be left for Somali singers, if they're going to sing it then they should attempt to know the words correctly. It sounds like they're singing in Mandarin.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Song by Khadija Qalanjo, from Awdal who was first miss Somalia.

Apparently it was very famous in Ethiopia.
Screenshot_20170122-090320.jpg

Screenshot_20170122-090420.jpg
Screenshot_20170122-090406.jpg
Screenshot_20170122-090354.jpg

Their version is cool too.

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Song by Khadija Sheikh, from Awdal who was first miss Somalia.

Omg the guntiino, the hair, the jewelry. I'm blown away, I'm inspired. I wish Somali brides dressed like this instead of the Indian sari or the white dress. Watch me stunt on everyone with my guuntino, hair braided with bead head band. :rejoice:

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
Omg the guntiino, the hair, the jewelry. I'm blown away, I'm inspired. I wish Somali brides dressed like this instead of the Indian sari or the white dress. Watch me stunt on everyone with my guuntino, hair braided with bead head band. :rejoice:
:rejoice:Bless you Reiko

Warsame Ali

[ S. N . F ]
Jano band. They grow up watching live Dur-Dur band at Addis Ababa's night clubs. This girl inspired lagent Somali pop singrr Sahro Dawo. They influence Somali intstruments of 80 and 90s.

SenseSays

Years to look forward to
Yea @Kanye posted it in a different thread, wallahi I was shocked to hear them sing in somali after 2:30. Didn't pay attention to the title but man it was good. It's nice to hear that this song was popular in Ethiopia.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Peep these:

This one made me laugh not gonna lie "Jidka dhexdiisa waan qubeeysaneeeeeeeeynaaa"

Kanye

CISGENDERED,HETROSEXUAL MALE. PRONOUNS: HE,HIM,HIS
Something about the original video just makes me so fucking happy
Their lead singer is quite the fox. :diddyass:
It's not even objective attractiveness for me, there's just something about her :wow:

Yea @Kanye posted it in a different thread, wallahi I was shocked to hear them sing in somali after 2:30. Didn't pay attention to the title but man it was good. It's nice to hear that this song was popular in Ethiopia.
I've played a million time since :ahh:

It's cultural exchange. That's a good thing. If you don't like this, then you also shouldn't listen to The Weeknd.

It is not cultural exchanges but stealing Somali culture and begging other people who speak different language, religion and culture. Sorry my friend we don't share anything with them (eat raw meat, drink cow blood, or practice cannibalism like them). also Somalis don't steal their shit the" so called culture "unlike them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.