End-to-end encryption on messaging services is unacceptable: UK minister

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
British interior minister Amber Rudd said on Sunday end-to-end encryption of messages offered by services like WhatsApp are "completely unacceptable" and there should be no "secret place for terrorists to communicate".

Local media have reported that shortly before launching an attack that killed four people including a policeman near Britain's parliament in central London, Khalid Masood sent an encrypted message via WhatsApp.

"That is my view - it is completely unacceptable, there should be no place for terrorists to hide. We need to make sure organisations like WhatsApp, and there are plenty of others like that, don't provide a secret place for terrorists to communicate with each other," Rudd told the BBC's Andrew Marr show.

"We need to make sure that our intelligence services have the ability to get into situations like encrypted WhatsApp."

First it was the Investigative Powers Act and now they want to get rid of end-to-end encryption.

These Tories don't mess about man:damn:

I don't believe it. Gays are the most lascivious people on earth.

Btw that was just an example, they'll have access to your nudes and much more.

They can see mine if they want to.

But seriously, end-to-end encryption isn't even totally private. They still have your phone number and other information.

Is email encrypted?

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
They can see mine if they want to.

But seriously, end-to-end encryption isn't even totally private. They still have your phone number and other information.

Is email encrypted?

Of course you don't care you're a deviant nudist :ftw9nwa:

That's true, but they won't see the content of the chat.

Some email service providers use end-to-end encryption. I use protonmail for all of my personal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.