Does anybody want to learn Fiqh, Hadith, Seerah, Islamic Philosophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finished:

منهاج الطالبين وعمدة المفتين

By An Nawawi.

Now I'm focusing my efforts outside the traditional curriculum, I'm now reading:

الوسيط في المذهب

By Al Ghazali. The new 9 volume book, printed not too long ago.
Maa sha Allah

How old are you bro? If you don't mind me asking.

no offense, but if you are so educated in islam, why do you spead vitriol about other races and even somali, how is that befitting of a muslim to speak like that let alone someone who's educated?

Take it easy on the brother sister, Shaydaan targets his type.

As a born again I know how he feels, as the saying goes, the further you push it down, the harder it comes back up, the more you resist, the more explosive you become when you err (for man), think of it as a can of pressurised coke, that you open.

Waliba many of these brothers haven't experienced times of Jaahiliya being on the other side which makes you grateful and cognisant for the guidance that was bestowed upon you by the most high, which humbles you.

Miskeenka hasn't had that experience hence he is highly pressurised flammable dangerous canisters waiting to explode, and anything will trigger this.

It's just an outlet to let go off the excess young virgin Testosterone levels built up out of frustrations, although it looks bad, it's better then the alcoholics/clubbers and fornicators whom never get so pressurised, because their coke bottle is always open.

Last edited:
no offense, but if you are so educated in islam, why do you spead vitriol about other races and even somali, how is that befitting of a muslim to speak like that let alone someone who's educated?

Just because he is knowledgeable about Islam doesn't mean he is more human than anyone else.

Im sure if many of us other dudes grew up in London like @The Ash'ari and @Cognitivedissonance we may have had the same negative perception of Somali females. Bad experiences can color your outlook. (I am not saying it is right).

Even female members from London/UK like @Nafs and @ChickenOriental understand where he is coming from and why he says , what he says.

Inquisitive described me so well.
So did Insomnia.

@Layth
The benchmark for Fiqh Shafi'i and the primer for a beginner is:

سفينة النجاة (The Ship of Salvation)

The only issue is this deals with only aspects of Worship based jurisprudence such as: Purification, Prayer, Charity, Fasting. That's about it.

For someone on your level, you should go up and start with:

متن أبي شجاع (The Text of Abu Shuja')

That's a comprehensive book that deals with every chapter of jurisprudence. It's very summarised and it gives you a complete picture of most of what Islamic Jurisprudence deals with.

Inquisitive described me so well.
So did Insomnia.

@Layth
The benchmark for Fiqh Shafi'i and the primer for a beginner is:

سفينة النجاة (The Ship of Salvation)

The only issue is this deals with only aspects of Worship based jurisprudence such as: Purification, Prayer, Charity, Fasting. That's about it.

For someone on your level, you should go up and start with:

متن أبي شجاع (The Text of Abu Shuja')

That's a comprehensive book that deals with every chapter of jurisprudence. It's very summarised and it gives you a complete picture of most of what Islamic Jurisprudence deals with.
I'm past Abi Shuja' alxamdulilah.

Fun fact: there's a Benadiri clan called Shuja3 kkkkk.

I intend to start Shirazi's tanbih soon in sha Allah.

I recommend that anyone who wants to become well-versed in the Shafi'I madhhab to memorise the poem Az-Zubad. It covers a lot of topics.

@The Ash'ari don't tell me you've completed mughni al labib too. I'm already jealous of you (halal jealousy).

Did you memorise bulugh al maram?

There's a rare nahw book that has been authored by a Mauritanian alim & grammarian called ihmirar ibn Buna the that's even harder than Alfiyyah. Not to mention Sibawayh's 'al kitab' that even most PhD holders in Arabic cannot understand.

Last edited:
@The Ash'ari
Yo! can you give me some tips on how to effectively learn Arabic.

How many tabliqs have you been to?

Learning Arabic is like swimming. This is the easiest way to describe it.
If you try and do it officially by learning in a school setting with those Madinah books you'll get there but after a long stretch.

The second way is more strenuous but pays a lot. Just start reading books in Arabic. Even if you don't understand. If you keep doing that you will see your comprehension of the language shift hugely within two months. I promise you will be reading books like All Mughni within two months.

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Start with basic texts like al-ajrummiyyah for nahw (grammar) and saffinat us salaah wa naja (two matns that usually come together). Learn all matters thoroughly and not superficially.
Wouldnt it be better to study the madinah books/bayna yadayk before you study al ajrummiyah? You need at least a rudimentary grasp of nahwa/sarf before you dive into that book.

Wouldnt it be better to study the madinah books before you study al ajrummiyah? You need at least a rudimentary grasp of nahwa/sarf before you dive into that book.
Yes. I'd actually recommend that but most people are lazy and don't have the patience. I'd recommend completing the madinah series up to book two and starting ajrumiyyah after that. This is what I recommended to another brother I know.

I recommend using the website lqtoronto (for the madinah Arabic book series) and listening to the explanation (of grammar concepts) that the brother gives. Even though his pronunciation is not on point, he nonetheless explains the concepts really well.

I'm past Abi Shuja' alxamdulilah.

Fun fact: there's a Benadiri clan called Shuja3 kkkkk.

I intend to start Shirazi's tanbih soon in sha Allah.

I recommend that anyone who wants to become well-versed in the Shafi'I madhhab to memorise the poem Az-Zubad. It covers a lot of topics.

@The Ash'ari don't tell me you've completed mughni al labib too. I'm already jealous of you (halal jealousy).

Did you memorise bulugh al maram?

There's a rare nahw book that has been authored by a Mauritanian alim & grammarian called ihmirar ibn Buna the that's even harder than Alfiyyah. Not to mention Sibawayh's 'al kitab' that even most PhD holders in Arabic cannot understand.

I love sticking to the traditional method of advancing in a science. Do you know that the book Al Tanbih by Shirazi used to be the official curriculum?

Nadhm az Zubad is very good, 1000 line poem. The commentary by Ar Ramli published by Dar Al Minhaj is the best. They depend and have links to the most authentic manuscripts.

I haven't memorised Bulugh all Maram nor finished Mughni all Labeeb. I didn't have the time so I settled for 'Umdatul Ahkam.

The only books I'm certified for are Abu Shuja', Az Zubad, 'Umdatus Salik and Minhaj.

I sat with a great Mauritanian Shaykh during my travels and felt so ashamed of myself when I couldn't grasp his eloquency.

Sibaway is out of my league. I stop at Alfiyyah :icon lol:

Just because he is knowledgeable about Islam doesn't mean he is more human than anyone else.

Im sure if many of us other dudes grew up in London like @The Ash'ari and @Cognitivedissonance we may have had the same negative perception of Somali females. Bad experiences can color your outlook. (I am not saying it is right).

Even female members from London/UK like @Nafs and @ChickenOriental understand where he is coming from and why he says , what he says.

there's a difference between having a negative perception and spreading the same kind of hate he does. Not only towards somali females but bantu people he seems to have a negative attitude towards too.

Status
Not open for further replies.