Do you think the roads in Somalia will be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I've wondered about this man Everytime i've visited Hargeisa its filled with Rocks Everywhere i Know one road alot of locals saved up some money to build it since the goverment ignored their requests

How much doest it cost to build a road?

I mean i've seen Ppl who own a big ass mansion and outside their crib its filled with trash and rocks kinda defeats the purpose I mean if you got a nice mansion but the area around it looks shitty IMO why bother

Get a contract with a Chinese company, and they can do it for 3rd of the cost.

They aren't lazy or cut corners also.

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
lmfao those Contractors in Somaliland eat too much khat it's 2016 . Almost 25 years have passed and still no decent roads.

Most roads get built with the Development Fund funded by the UN

waraabe

Your superior
lmfao those Contractors in Somaliland eat too much khat it's 2016 . Almost 25 years have passed and still no decent roads.

Most roads get built with the Development Fund funded by the UN

Khat addicted gadabursi friend, roads are expensive, and the UN doesn't fund shit. The biggest road project burco ceerigabo is being funded by Somalilanders and the gov.

Waraabe, he is right about the Khat problems though. A friend of mine went to Hargeisa and shared the pics on Facebook.

U could see a Khat shack or lil hut house every 100ft. Its no secret people in Waqooyi galbeed chew more Khat than the rest of Somalis.

Btw, sxb, horta adiga do u chew or not? Just curious.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
People in Somalia chew Miiro from kenya, and chew in higher quantities. Miiro is way more potent then the qaat we chew.

In Sland we fund our roads ourselves, and we build based on necessity first. We're in the process of completing a 300 km road which took 3 years from Burco to ceerigaabo

Last edited:

waraabe

Your superior
Waraabe, he is right about the Khat problems though. A friend of mine went to Hargeisa and shared the pics on Facebook.

U could see a Khat shack or lil hut house every 100ft. Its no secret people in Waqooyi galbeed chew more Khat than the rest of Somalis.

Btw, sxb, horta adiga do u chew or not? Just curious.

Sxb Mogadishu has a much bigger khat problem. Stop trying to take digs. Stats from international organisations state so too.

Also in the north, it is only men who eat khat compared to Koonfur where women and children also eat khat

However, excessive khat use and its related effects seem to be more frequent in southern/central Somalia: consumption of more than two “bundles” per day in the previous week was less frequent in the northern part than in southern/central Somalia (4.0%, 99% CI 3.1%–5.2% versus 28.9%, 99% CI 9.6%–60.9%)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2121109/

I have more stuff if you ever try to bullshit again

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
My friends have you ever wondered why the roads in Somaliland get repaved so often?

The government might put a couple millions aside to construct roads, but that doesn't dismiss the fact that the SDF doesn't also get used to built roads or rehabilitate certain structures.

The Somaliland government couldn't construct decent roads. This is where donors got involved with equipment and funding. They asked Turkey to construct some quality roads. Also Turkey funded the construction of the road leading to Djibouti. Elections get funded by donors too. It's one thing to love your Wadan, but keep it real.

LoL u need paved roads so Khat could arrive at its destination much quicker.

Ok jokes aside, forget about Somalia, the roads here in the US are falling apart also.

Anyone ever drove in DC? Dios mío, that place truly has the worst roads anywhere in the US and its 'spose to be the capital.

In my opinion, Germany has the best roads in the world. I watched couple of YT videos of road pavings and they looked really nice.

If we can get whatever black asphalt Germany uses for its roads, i bet we would have the best roads.

Status
Not open for further replies.