Do you accept the theory of evolution?

Do you accept the theory of evolution?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McD30

Bored to death
I didn't know your faith and it's better to know your religion views before addressing you.

What are your believes and how Prophet Adam AS was created? Do you believe that Allah swt created Adam AS from clay and mud?

Why is it better to know my religion?

I adhere to the basic tenets of Islam including prayer. Prayer for me is akin to meditation in Eastern religions.

As for Abrahamic mythology I view it as just that: myths. I do not believe Adam was created from clay I find it quite absurd bordering on ludicrous. There's no proof of God's existence I choose to believe for spiritual reasons.

I adhere to the basic tenets of Islam including prayer. Prayer for me is akin to meditation in Eastern religions.

As for Abrahamic mythology I view it as just that: myths. I do not believe Adam was created from clay I find it quite absurd bordering on ludicrous. There's no proof of God's existence I choose to believe for spiritual reasons.

Possibly my favourite somalispot comment so far. Pure unadulterated honesty, do you fear death? This could explain why you still choose to believe that there is an intelligent designer out there.

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP

You can't except one part of the faith & reject another, to be a Muslim means to submit & surrender your will to the will of the most high.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Prayer is akin to eastern meditation? That which is Godly & that which is far removed from it can never be the same.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac

You really make me confused here.
I mean how can you follow the basic of Islam such as praying 5 times a day and doubting the existence of Allah swt. Spiritually? I don't see the point of following a religion where you believe that the creator doesn't exist.
Lol at spritual reason. Maybe you should practice yoga.

As a muslim it's obligatory that we believe in allahs words and allah swt said in the quran,
And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)."

(Surat Al-Mu'minun (The Beleivers): 12).

P.s I wasn't implying anything when I asked if you are muslim or not I prefer to know the religion views of the person I'm debating with since most people I came across on this site happened to be athiests and agnostics. Mind you I do not have anything against them so long as they don't disrespect my religion and creator.

McD30

Bored to death
You can't except one part of the faith & reject another, to be a Muslim means to submit & surrender your will to the will of the most high.
There is no right submission, my beliefs differ from yours they aren't set in stone you know. I can practice any part of the religion I like and reject the other. Why else would there be so many sects?

McD30

Bored to death
You really make me confused here.
I mean how can you follow the basic of Islam such as praying 5 times a day and doubting the existence of Allah swt. Spiritually? I don't see the point of following a religion where you believe that the creator doesn't exist.
Lol at spritual reason. Maybe you should practice yoga.

As a muslim it's obligatory that we believe in allahs words and allah swt said in the quran,
And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth)."

(Surat Al-Mu'minun (The Beleivers): 12).

P.s I wasn't implying anything when I asked if you are muslim or not I prefer to know the religion views of the person I'm debating with since most people I came across on this site happened to be athiests and agnostics. Mind you I do not have anything against them so long as they don't disrespect my religion and creator.

The core tenets of Islam resonate with me and is a lifestyle choice.

Which process was used to create humans from clay?

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
The core tenets of Islam resonate with me and is a lifestyle choice.

Which process was used to create humans from clay?
خَلَقَ الإِنسَانَ مِن صَلْصَالٍ كَالْفَخَّارِ (ألرحمن ، 55: 14).

55.14 . He created man of stinking clay, (wet and smooth like the one used in making) pottery.

The stages of creation are also mentioned in the following verse (40.67) but with more specific description of the main stages of the development of a fetus in the womb, from nutfah to alaqah, and finally to a complete baby.

هُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَكُم مِّن تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِن نُّطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ عَلَقَةٍ ثُمَّ يُخْرِجُكُمْ طِفْلاً (غافر ، 40: 67).

40.67 . He is Who created you from the earth soil , then from a nutfah (union of a father’s sperm and a mother’s egg), then from a leech (a fertilized egg sticking to the womb sucking nutrients from it like a leach), then He brings you out (of the womb) as a child.

This tasfeer basically implies that the first human being and the father of all of us was created from clay and water and us his offspring was made of the union of mother and father.

My allah swt guide you to the right path walaal. Waan kuu soo duceynayaa.

As a Muslim I too believe in biological evolution where there's too many conclusive scientific evidence which supports that and everything from Paleontological findings, Circle of life and the DNA that connects them all to one single tree. And 'No' it doesn't contradict Islam and the Quran, if you use your brain more you can puzzle all the pieces together.

Just ask me anything!

McD30

Bored to death
As a Muslim I too believe in biological evolution where there's too many conclusive scientific evidence which supports that and everything from Paleontological findings, Circle of life and the DNA that connects them all to one single tree. And 'No' it doesn't contradict Islam and the Quran, if you use your brain more you can puzzle all the pieces together.

Just ask me anything!
Explain that? In Islam, humans were created out of mud. I understand that Islam is liberal when it comes to macro/microevolution but not human evolution.

“He it is Who has created you from clay, and then has decreed a (stated) term (for you to die). And there is with Him another determined term (for you to be resurrected)”
[al-An’aam 6:2]

Yes, I accept the theory of evolution. In the sense that plant and animal species have evolved from one form to another over a span of millions of years.

I just don't accept that man evolved from apes.

McD30

Bored to death
Yes, I accept the theory of evolution. In the sense that plant and animal species have evolved from one form to another over a span of millions of years.

I just don't accept that man evolved from apes.
Do you accept that humans are animals? What I mean is that we share 98.8% of our DNA with chimpanzees so it is beyond dispute that we are related.

You think scientists with PhD's publishing peer-reviewed studies are just making random shit up?

Seriously this kind of thinking is why the Islamic world is so damn backwards and will always be centuries behind the West.

nobody is discrediting, cell theory, or the propagation of disease and pathagens or even mutation of cells. these things have already been proven. what is still in doubt is that most early theory of evolution came about by looking at fossil. fossil in highly disintegrate states what we get were a lot of educated guesses. to this day, scientist are in dispute about the conclusion and theory that were established in the 1800s. these theory remain theories and they can't be prove one way or the other. and DNA has only made the theory even more muddled. the problem at the heard of this discussion in the idea that scientists should remain impartial rather than trying to make even thing fit into a nice package usually under an umbrella. i will leave you with his final thought!
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Human evolution and the Quranic story of creation cannot go together unfortunately unless you believe Adam and Eve's story was a metaphor or something to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending