Do Any Of You Like Battle-Rap?

It's not really mainstream, but had a good cultic following on the net. Also, I personally like it and it shows the creativity of our people. BTW, it talks about the struggles of Black and Brown people in the U.S.

Who's running the scene now? Is Dizaster still competing?

I grew up in Toronto so we had King of the DOT and everyone in middle school used to be so into it
I haven't watched in a while. Now, I know Math Hoffa is doing his thing and even has his own YouTube where he does Barbershop Talk vlogs.

I got into battle rap after watching Eminem's come up
Eminem was alright, but I try to mainly listen to artists that I relate to. I loved Pac's poetry and even loved Biggie's rhyme scheme. Now, one of my favorite artists is GZA from the Wu because he incorporates Science into his wordplay. Also, I like Talib Kweli.

JohnCena

PROFESSIONAL SHITPOSTER
Eminem was alright, but I try to mainly listen to artists that I relate to. I loved Pac's poetry and even loved Biggie's rhyme scheme. Now, one of my favorite artists is GZA from the Wu because he incorporates Science into his wordplay. Also, I like Talib Kweli.
Eminem got me into hiphop so im incredibly biased and will always have him as one of my favorite rappers despite the 2nd half of his career being absolutely awful(fell off after TES).

Encore had some good songs tho