Disgraced Culusoow sells our women to abusive Saudis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
They will be raped, they will be tortured, they will be killed.

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't get the Somalis who are opposed to this. Somalia is a low-education, low-skilled, impoverished country—there
are barely any jobs back home in Somalia and it's a given that people will try to find work oversees. I don't see the problem with the government helping these women formalize their domestic work in Saudi Arabia.

Are these emotional outbreaks against this agreement caused by a shame-culture copied from the Arabs (like many other bad things are copied)? Arabs are known to have the foolish mentality of starving to death rather than doing 'humble' work:

Aversion to Manual Labor and Technical Work

The last pattern of culturally regular Arab behavior I consider is the prevailing aversion to manual labor and technical work. Essentially, Arab society as it has developed over the centuries concluded that manual labor was dishonorable."There is a common and very deep-seated feeling that manual or rural forms of work mean drudgery and nothing more; that furthermore, there is an element of degradation in them, so that they must be avoided by all and any means," according to John Gulick. Gellner observes that the crafts of most artisans, such as blacksmiths and dyers, are "morally suspect," and Arabs have tended to leave such occupations to foreigners. Hamady bluntly states that, "The Arab is utterly contemptuous of all manual labor, be it on the farm, in the factory, or in other contexts," and, "Arab society despises manual work: members of traditional families would prefer to starve than to be shamed by engaging in a humble occupation."
Yes Somalis too look down on manual labour.

I don't get the Somalis who are opposed to this. Somalia is a low-education, low-skilled, impoverished country—there
are barely any jobs back home in Somalia and it's a given that people will try to find work oversees. I don't see the problem with the government helping these women formalize their domestic work in Saudi Arabia.

Are these emotional outbreaks against this agreement caused by a shame-culture copied from the Arabs (like many other bad things are copied)? Arabs are known to have the foolish mentality of starving to death rather than doing 'humble' work:

Aversion to Manual Labor and Technical Work

The last pattern of culturally regular Arab behavior I consider is the prevailing aversion to manual labor and technical work. Essentially, Arab society as it has developed over the centuries concluded that manual labor was dishonorable."There is a common and very deep-seated feeling that manual or rural forms of work mean drudgery and nothing more; that furthermore, there is an element of degradation in them, so that they must be avoided by all and any means," according to John Gulick. Gellner observes that the crafts of most artisans, such as blacksmiths and dyers, are "morally suspect," and Arabs have tended to leave such occupations to foreigners. Hamady bluntly states that, "The Arab is utterly contemptuous of all manual labor, be it on the farm, in the factory, or in other contexts," and, "Arab society despises manual work: members of traditional families would prefer to starve than to be shamed by engaging in a humble occupation."

Arabs can be lazy. May be these workers will introduce hard work ethics and earning your living instead of being given to you through the welfare of the kingdom if you are one of the thousand princes.

Somalis made the trip to the middle east for work for ages, this is not new. As long as they protect these workers through the embassy and address any abuse resulting out of working conditions, it will be fine.

My uncle who was educated used to head a company there back in the days. He left Italy Post higher education and instead of coming to Mogadishu opted to go to Saudi ARABIA.

He beat up some Arab who called him Cabeed once not knowing my uncle is somali. Arabs ddn't mess with somalis because they were familiar with our culture of take no prisoner if there is no respect. Hope these workers are protected.

The outrage has nothing to do with Arabs looking down on labouring and menial work. The outrage comes from the fact that other third world countries have stopped their citizens from travelling to Saudi Arabia for these fields of work citing widespread abuse employees. HSM and his administration have opted to do so knowing well what has been taking place in Saudi. They are even out there saying to the public that these are great opportunities and that people should go this great friendly nation.

I remember somebody sharing a video in NSFW of a lady forcing a made to drink her menses. There are many others shocking videos on the net, you can find them very easily. The Saudis have a culture of abusing labourers and maids, it has become common knowledge. It is very disgusting and embarrassing even more so when you think about it.

Then Somalis should be true to their spirit and burn down the houses of these homosexuals to bring attention to and introduce the needed revolution in Saudi Households.

I will personally lodge complaint with the Saudi Embassy in Washington and buy ads on Newspapers to highlight these abuses if it happens to Somalis.

maestro

Cultural revolution
There is a good reason Uganda and almost all African (and non African) countries banned their girls from going to Saudi Arabia for work. The reports of abuse is not false and has been addressed countless times.

Now when they've gotten short of slave labour and every country became angry at them so much that they've blocked people from working there, they found a nearby broken country and people to easily prey upon.

They just needed to throw a few shiny coins at some spineless lackies and they'll cheaply sell their entire people's dignity supplying thousands of girls to their needs.

What even happened to respecting the Arab league and not sending labor from those countries? Or does that not apply to Somalia?

All in all RIP the Somali name.

Last edited:
Wallahi this is as low as it gets. Do yall think we can sink any lower because I don't? The real question is, do the people NOT know how Arab men in Saudi behave? They have absolute power and abuse their own women, can you imagine what they do to maids? May Allah protect them. Wallahi this is nothing to laugh or joke about.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Absolutely disgusting.

Ethiopia of all countries banned their women from working there, yet we're sending 50,000.

How low we have fallen

:meleshame:

Wallahi this is as low as it gets. Do yall think we can sink any lower because I don't? The real question is, do the people NOT know how Arab men in Saudi behave? They have absolute power and abuse their own women, can you imagine what they do to maids? May Allah protect them. Wallahi this is nothing to laugh or joke about.

Somalis despise Arabs, that would be a good start. And All I knew, true Somali character doesn't accept disrespect and have honor. I hope poverty doesn't change that genuine Somali character.

Only time I see the value of Xenophobia in Somalis is how it protected them from bad influence and getting mixed with others for quite long, long enough for us to be the off springs who enjoy that identity today.

Poverty had never been the excuse of Somalis to go low and give up their identity and dignity. There is something we can do on our end in case we see reports of abuse consistently coming from Saudi Arabia against Somalis.

dont push me to write essays of how A.Y so called president was liver slapped my general gabre.

Writing Essays about A/Y will not hurt his clansmen even though that is what you think. Be sensible a little :)

Naming yourself Faqash speaks to your immaturity. You honestly think you are hurting people who see it.

You are smarter than you want us to judge you for brother. Start with a name change then I will take you

seriously.

Last edited:
Somalis despise Arabs, that would be a good start. And All I knew, true Somali character doesn't accept disrespect and have honor. I hope poverty doesn't change that genuine Somali character.

Only time I see the value of Xenophobia in Somalis is how it protected them from bad influence and getting mixed with others for quite long, long enough for us to be the off springs who enjoy that identity today.

Poverty had never been the excuse of Somalis to go low and give up their identity and dignity. There is something we can do on our end in case we see reports of abuse consistently coming from Saudi Arabia against Somalis.
I agree. Besides, The girls going over there will not fix poverty. And second, it is not the only way to combat hunger. The men in their families need to do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.