Did you grow up with a traditional 2 parent household?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious. And by traditional I don't mean both parents were just present. Were they the norm for Somali parents? Was your mom a god fearing, dinner cooking, praying woman? Was your father a doting, practicing and employed man?

Or did your mom and dad chew khat? And smoke hookah? Did your mom make boxed mac & cheese and your house was dirty? Did your dad sit in coffee shops and come home just to beat your behind?

Or was aabe not around perhaps? Did he abandon you guys? Was he living in Ohio with a bunch of dudes drinking beer and withering away? Did he come back and cause hell in your lives? Only to leave again every few months. Did he do random short jail bids? And flirt with other women on paltalk? Did he take secret wives?

Sorry I just got carried away.

Tell me about your parenting situations.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Pretty much standard two parent household. Both parents worked shifts that were two hours apart so one took care of early morning routines getting us ready for school while the other was home when we got back from school and made sure homework was done and food was prepared.

Thankfully my father was heavily involved in my life and only went to coffee shops chilling with friends when I was asleep or when I was outside myself.

We could play outside if we did our shit properly :kanyeshrug:

Never heard of khat chewing hoyos.

I am curious. And by traditional I don't mean both parents were just present. Were they the norm for Somali parents? Was your mom a god fearing, dinner cooking, praying woman? Was your father a doting, practicing and employed man?

Or did your mom and dad chew khat? And smoke hookah? Did your mom make boxed mac & cheese and your house was dirty? Did your dad sit in coffee shops and come home just to beat your behind?

Or was aabe not around perhaps? Did he abandon you guys? Was he living in Ohio with a bunch of dudes drinking beer and withering away? Did he come back and cause hell in your lives? Only to leave again every few months. Did he do random short jail bids? And flirt with other women on paltalk? Did he take secret wives?

Sorry I just got carried away.

Tell me about your parenting situations.

Rasied by my mum and dad and his three other side hoes, which he won't tell us about

Just found out I got a half-brother in China :williamswtf:

Pretty much standard two parent household. Both parents worked shifts that were two hours apart so one took care of early morning routines getting us ready for school while the other was home when we got back from school and made sure homework was done and food was prepared.

Thankfully my father was heavily involved in my life and only went to coffee shops chilling with friends when I was asleep or when I was outside myself.

We could play outside if we did our shit properly :kanyeshrug:

Never heard of khat chewing hoyos.

Seriously? I grew up with khat chewing parents and around a few other khat chewing parents

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
I grew up in a two parent household. Both of my parents worked. They both worked in the manufacturing sector when those jobs were paying good wages. But, when those manufacturing jobs started going overseas and waging were going down, my dad got his CDL and became a truck driver. So, since middle school my dad is on the road. He came home on holidays, when he came through our state or vacation days. So, in my late middle days all the way through my high school days I spent most of time with my mother than my dad. But, both of my parents were present during my younger days.

My dad wasn't a practicing man. But, my mom was and after her mom passed away she got really conservative in her ways.

My mom cooked, worked and cleaned. She was a super mom :it0tdo8:. My mom is extremely clean and by not being clean by the smallest things that got you a whooping.

Gambar

VIP
My mother works in the school system so she always had eyes on me specially because I am the oldest therefore was tough on me. My father was always around, he's a chemical engineer now and with their combined salaries my parents were able to take weeks off during the summer and go back home (Somaliland). I had many perks growing even though they lost everything during the war.

Aabe always helped me with my homework (specially mathematics) and my mother always kept an eye on my progress in school, she would look into my backpack as soon as I would come home from school. I was very much lucky because my parents are well educated and in a higher income bracket. Alhamdulilah for my parents.

VixR

Veritas
I grew up with both parents, working but extremely strict and structured with how we spent our time and about what other kids we were hanging out with (I thought my parents were strange as a kid. They used to say stuff like, "what is a FRIEND", when I said I was invited to a school friend's bday party or something :ftw9nwa:, but they were looking out) and what we consumed literally and figuratively in the way of content. They're both clean, shah was the only drug in the house, and I never saw them so much as bicker. We had a modest upbringing. My parents were overburdening themselves with sending funds back home to ppl, which is a great thing but it was overkill in that they stretched themselves thin and worried a lot, and still worry a lot about everything. If I say I'll be there at 2:30, they start checking and worrying at about 2:31. They're probably the reason I'm usually chronically early to everything.

But listen, even if your upbringing was less than ideal, try not to resent them for it. Work through your feelings and soar beyond your experiences. You can do it.

You'll be just fine.

Lil Resse

GIVING RNB B!TCHES DAT SKRONG MEAT, ON KING DAVID
raised by ma dad and mom but im a qassaro good thing they got 7 other kids that made em proud i love em both tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending