#DeleteUber #FuckUber

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro

Cultural revolution

The hashtag #DeleteUber has been spreading on social media amid protests against Trump's Muslim travel ban. The ride hailing service was accused of "strike breaking" in New York Saturday, while others condemned remarks made by Uber CEO Travis Kalanick indicating he would work with the president.

In a statement, Kalanick said the "ban will impact many innocent people." He added that the company would compensate drivers stranded outside the country for the next three months.

Hundreds travelled to New York's John F. Kennedy airport Saturday to demonstrate against Trump's executive order, which prohibits citizens of seven majority Muslim countries from entering the U.S. for 90 days.

In response to the ban, the NY Taxi Workers Alliance called for an hour work stoppage at the airport in protest. After Uber tweeted that surge pricing had been turned off at the airport, the company was quickly condemned by some as a "strike breaker."

Twitter and Facebook users began to share screenshots of themselves deleting their Uber accounts, including the message they were sending to the company.

"Uber has actively chosen to support racism, xenophobia, and bigotry," @katebergie wrote.

"Uber CEOs are collaborators with Trump and therefore support fascism," @flwrwrk wrote.

https://www.google.com/amp/mashable.com/2017/01/29/delete-uber-social-media-campaign.amp

:pacspit: going to delete my account

When it comes to capitalism, money>feelings

uber was capitalizing off the situation , it's a smart business move

Uber can't really give two shits about the deportees

(I'm stating facts. before you guys get mad at me, I'm actually against the ban)

maestro

Cultural revolution
When it comes to capitalism, money>feelings

uber was capitalizing off the situation , it's a smart business move

Uber can't really give two shits about the deportees

(I'm stating facts. before you guys get mad at me, I'm actually against the ban)

It's not a smart move. It's fucking stupid. One hour gain over Thousands of accounts being deleted is a stupid choice. They need to be punished for this

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
This so fucking retarded :faysalwtf:

So, Uber continued business because the the Taxi companies wanted to protest too?

So, people at the airport were suppose to be stuck at the airport?

Uber and Taxi companies are competitors anyways.

Also, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick wasn't at Trump Towers to support him, but he was apart of the Businessmen that wanted to advise him in their industries.

Also, how does Uber support "t racism, xenophobia, and bigotry"??????

According to Business Insider, this is what the CEO of Uber said:

While every government has their own immigration controls, allowing people from all around the world to come here and make America their home has largely been the U.S.’s policy since its founding. That means this ban will impact many innocent people—an issue that I will raise this coming Friday when I go to Washington for President Trump’s first business advisory group meeting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/uber...-talk-to-trump-about-immigration-order-2017-1

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Netflix, Google and Apple all talking to the Trump admins

While Airbnb offered free housing

I don't use Uber for religious reasons, so this makes little difference to me. But I'll join the boycott. Uber is aggressively trying to undercut local taxi fares thanks to billions in subsidy from investors. They continue to lose money yet stay in business. The "cheaper" Uber fares cover only less than 50% of Uber's costs.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
I deleted uber app last night.

Here are lists of companies that work with trump or donated money to his campaign.

Dr Pepper and Snapple
Enterprise rental
Clorox bleach company
Sprint-Nextel cellphones
Walt Disney company
Groupon
NBC
NASCAR
UFC
Hobby Lobby
Amazon
Bed bath and beyond
Macy's
Marshalls, tj maxx
Neiman Marcus
Nordstrom
Zappos

Boycott the companies I've listed.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite

Here are lists of companies that work with trump or donated money to his campaign.

Dr Pepper and Snapple
Enterprise rental
Clorox bleach company
Sprint-Nextel cellphones
Walt Disney company
Groupon
NBC
NASCAR
UFC
Hobby Lobby
Amazon
Bed bath and beyond
Macy's
Marshalls, tj maxx
Neiman Marcus
Nordstrom
Zappos

I can't boycott those 3. That is impossible:mjcry:

maestro

Cultural revolution

Dr Pepper and Snapple
Enterprise rental
Clorox bleach company
Sprint-Nextel cellphones
Walt Disney company
Groupon
NBC
NASCAR
UFC
Hobby Lobby
Amazon
Bed bath and beyond
Macy's
Marshalls, tj maxx
Neiman Marcus
Nordstrom
Zappos

Nice. All these have other options :rejoice:

Netflix, Google and Apple all talking to the Trump admins

While Airbnb offered free housing

These are impossible to avoid :meleshame:

VixR

Veritas
I bet the traveling ppl that were stranded at the airport of the busiest city on the Eastern seaboard were grateful that when cabbies were striking nowhere to be found, Uber was there to :superman:

That being said I'm a Lyfter lol. But I drink Starbucks so its a toss up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts