Code Editors: VSCode Vs Sublime Text

which code editor do you use? do you prefer VSCode or Sublime Text? how do they compare?

this thread is to discuss VSCode and Sublime Text and to compare the two. or to discuss any IDE slash code editor that you use.

myself personally.... when I was younger I was taught to use Sublime Text... and then as time went on, I kept using Visual Studio Code as I think this is what I saw in tutorials.

however, I have revolted against the tyranny of VSCode. I am fed up with VSCode.

I much more enjoy Sublime Text over VSCode. sublime text is small and lightweight, it's like the tie fighters from star wars (which I know more from video games than the movies- I have never really been into the star wars movies.. except I thought Darth Maul was cool when I was a kid).

will vscode langaabs recognize the superiority of Sublime Text or will you stubbornly cling to your clunky, overly bulky text editor?

the thing that bothers me though is I am extremely used to emmet in vscode and so I'm experiencing culture shock from not being able to use its shortcuts in sublime text

On PC I've mainly used VScode and code::blocks

On Mac I only used Xcode.

I have always used Windows (except one time we used mac for a class in high school).... if someone has always used windows and never used Mac, do you think Mac is hard to learn? I've been doing tutorials where the instructor uses Mac and it looks intimidating but I would think I might have to learn to use Mac later on.

Kisame

Plotting world domination
I have always used Windows (except one time we used mac for a class in high school).... if someone has always used windows and never used Mac, do you think Mac is hard to learn? I've been doing tutorials where the instructor uses Mac and it looks intimidating but I would think I might have to learn to use Mac later on.

I got use to it pretty quickly. Didn't use it that long though honestly. Switched back to PC after I got bored of iOS app development.

A Mean Guy

Minister of Ajanabi Affairs
I really like VS Code and used it for anything web related. It also has a better ecosystem of extensions and tools than sublime. The community is also bigger hence there are constantly adding support for more technologies.
Nowadays, I use mainly Goland (created by Jetbrains) because I program in Go. The intellisense for Go in VS Code is a bit lacking and it feels a bit slow at times.
Goland just works with Go out of the box, unlike VS Code where I would need to install various extensions to accomplish the same thing. The only downside to it is it's not free, I would only use it if you can get a student licence or if your company pays for it.
Honestly it is more of a personal preference than anything, I know people who use VS Code exclusively while others use Vim and Neovim.
If you want to be a good developer, it is better to get a Mac and become familiar with it. I only had a Mac for 2 years but you get used to it very quickly, don't worry.
As a developer you need to get comfortable with using the terminal to perform certain tasks e.g., creating/deleting files, downloading programs, e.t.c,. Windows has command prompt but it is terrible to use.
If you are doing backend work, a Unix based OS is the way to go but I don't think it matters in the frontend.

I really like VS Code and used it for anything web related. It also has a better ecosystem of extensions and tools than sublime. The community is also bigger hence there are constantly adding support for more technologies.
Nowadays, I use mainly Goland (created by Jetbrains) because I program in Go. The intellisense for Go in VS Code is a bit lacking and it feels a bit slow at times.
Goland just works with Go out of the box, unlike VS Code where I would need to install various extensions to accomplish the same thing. The only downside to it is it's not free, I would only use it if you can get a student licence or if your company pays for it.
Honestly it is more of a personal preference than anything, I know people who use VS Code exclusively while others use Vim and Neovim.

If you want to be a good developer, it is better to get a Mac and become familiar with it. I only had a Mac for 2 years but you get used to it very quickly, don't worry.
As a developer you need to get comfortable with using the terminal to perform certain tasks e.g., creating/deleting files, downloading programs, e.t.c,. Windows has command prompt but it is terrible to use.
If you are doing backend work, a Unix based OS is the way to go but I don't think it matters in the frontend.

barakAllahufeekum, may Allah grant you much success in your coding work

Trending