Celebratory day marked for Somali Region

The executive council of DDS has approved a unique declaration of the commemoration of the day of the SR, which will be on 23 January 1993. This date marks the day of the first parliament of the Somali Region after it's formation, which was also elected by the first president of the Region.

It'll be an official annual celebratory day.

Screenshot_20230822_032550_Facebook.jpg

The reg’l gov’t have been engaging in some nonsensical behavior as of late, lol.

I think this is meant to create/strengthen the ‘unity’ between Somalis of the region by making it as a national day for us and rally around the flag.

#DowladDeegaankaSoomaalidaHaNoolato:mjhaps:

The reg’l gov’t have been engaging in some nonsensical behavior as of late, lol.

I think this is meant to create/strengthen the ‘unity’ between Somalis of the region by making it as a national day for us and rally around the flag.

#DowladDeegaankaSoomaalidaHaNoolato:mjhaps:
I wonder who even proposed it?

Inclusivity is the key to prosperous societies or so I've heard.

Last edited:
I wonder who even proposed it?

Inclusivity is the key to prosperous societies or so I've heard.

I'm not sure, but it follows the recent trends of nationalistic tendencies by PP in the Somali region. Quite a few Somalis have been undergoing trainings to establish new police force and soon military too. Other reforms going on too. Cagjar have been doing speeches talking about preserving the unity of the country amidst the conflicts raging in other regions etc.

Last edited:
@GaradShabeel What's Cagjar plan now that the Amharas are under attack by Abiy? I haven't seen an Amhara march in Jigjiga for a while.

The gov't of the Somali region are an extension of the federal gov't. Both of them belong to the same party and have more or less same agenda.

But Cagjar and some of his officials have talked lately about the dangers of FANO, that they're terrorists that need to be crushed, and that a Somali force may partake in maintaining peace in the Amhara region to defend their country from terrorism, lol. Though, so far no one has been sent there.

What do you mean with Amharas march in Jigjiga? If you're referring to their celebrations, then those Amharas aren't the few of them living there. Whenever you see them celebrate and gather in larger crowds in Jigjiga, they usually come from Dir Dhaba, Harar and other places in the region and this happens maximum 1-2 a year.

Last edited:
But Cagjar and some of his officials have talked lately about the dangers of FANO, that they're terrorists that need to be crushed, and that a Somali force may partake in maintaining peace in the Amhara region to defend their country from terrorism, lol. Though, so far no one has been sent there.
Why would somalis do that? Imagine being such a slave that you would cross the awash to defend a murtard.

I wouldn’t trust Somalis to police amharastan, that is warcrimes in the making.

I agree, I don't want out people to venture in other regions and foreign territory. Too much savagery going on there.

Somalis barely got involved in the Tigray war and look at the way they were coming after us with accusations of war crimes, lol.

Trending