Biggest reasons you believe or disbelieve in religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not participating in other topics kulaha :westbrookwtf: This is like the second or third time i even mention religion on this forum :umwhat:

Religion is not that interesting of a topic to me sxb, i'm way past that angry atheist phase.

You have some class. No atheist I met willfully admitted they go through angry phase. You are impressive that way. You have some class left in you still despite worshipping yourself.

stop being a bigot. People should explore the depth of their faiths and explore others. :shaq:

Only if others are:

- Sincere
- Present Facts instead of Propaganda written to mislead the uninformed
- And discussion leads to benefit for both sides.

If none of the above exists in a conversation, it is a waste of time. It is repetitive and same old bs all over again. Specially when you have the same people participate writing the same lies they copy/paste without them understanding that they are either wrong, or they are willfully spreading disinformation. We have been there before.

I am out of here. Cosmos can trash and piss on the thread as he pleases.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Only if others are:

- Sincere

If none of the above exists in a conversation, it is a waste of time. It is repetitive and same old bs all over again. Specially when you have the same people participate writing the same lies they copy/paste without them understanding that they are either wrong, or they are willfully spreading disinformation. We have been there before.

I can see what you're doing there mate. Nonetheless, I can provide evidence for everything I make. No point in trying to present a manifesto for a proper discussion when you, right off the bat, attacked the unbelievers who commented on a thread directed towards them! You like to talk but it is perhaps better to follow your own advice. You can only make accusations but can't substantiate them.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
You have some class. No atheist I met willfully admitted they go through angry phase. You are impressive that way. You have some class left in you still despite worshipping yourself.

Worshiping myself....Haye :ohhh: not going near that one with a ten foot pole :ohno:

Some atheists go through an angry phace simply because they feel like they have wasted their lives following ancient archaic rules, others are initially angry because they feel like they've been lied to. It varies. Point being most atheists get over it with the passage of time.

Only if others are:

- Sincere

No one leaves the religion of their mothers and fathers without objectively looking at the facts, I can guarantee you that. There is no propaganda. I feel like religion solves a lot of problems and i also see its downfall. Btw, what is your reasoning regarding the existence of Allah and why Allah and not yahweh? Please present facts. no bullshit, i want x=y.

See how nobody is debating my reasons for belief in a creator. That is telling. Instead, I have legions of ape-wanna-be skinnies telling me how Islam is wrong. Big difference.

In other words, if I wanted to lure out that female Cosmos, Or Fat Mclovin, All I need to do is mention God in a subject liner and they are in out from the cold..
What's with these stray bullets lol. I'm not the one who writes walls of text debating religion like 2 people in this very thread. :browtf:

This is just my observation but glancing through your post history you strike me as someone with a chip on their shoulders when it comes to disbelievers, an inferiority complex that desperately seeks to legitimise their irrational beliefs to a rationalistic crowd.

To that I say life is too short to care about the opinion of others. If you want to believe in devils and angels then by all means. However don't get hurt when you hear opinions that are opposite to yours. It makes you sound a little insecure

What's with these stray bullets lol. I'm not the one who writes walls of text debating religion like 2 people in this very thread. :browtf:

This is just my observation but glancing through your post history you strike me as someone with a chip on their shoulders when it comes to disbelievers, an inferiority complex that desperately seeks to legitimise their irrational beliefs to a rationalistic crowd.

To that I say life is too short to care about the opinion of others. If you want to believe in devils and angels then by all means. However don't get hurt when you hear opinions that are opposite to yours. It makes you sound a little insecure

The Highlighted. Need I say more? Exactly what I was telling MadNomad about him being strange for an atheist who thinks A Muslim can be smart and therefore rational. May be he will change his tune also to fit into the crowd and as to not become ostracized by you communists, and if that happens, I will cut some slack for the brother since I don't want to deny him the company he wants to so bad.

You proof my point buddy.

The Highlighted. Need I say more? Exactly what I was telling MadNomad about him being strange for an atheist who thinks A Muslim can be smart and therefore rational. May be he will change his tune also to fit into the crowd and not ostracized by you communists, and if that happens, I will cut some slack for the brother since don't want to deny him the company he wants to so bad.

You proof my point buddy.
There are plenty of otherwise smart individuals who get duped into irrational beliefs. Take for example flat earthers like @Inquisitive_ or anti vaxers. Learn to seperate the beliefs from the person sxb

No one leaves the religion of their mothers and fathers without objectively looking at the facts, I can guarantee you that. There is no propaganda. I feel like religion solves a lot of problems and i also see its downfall. Btw, what is your reasoning regarding the existence of Allah and why Allah and not yahweh? Please present facts. no bullshit, i want x=y.

I stated my reasons earlier from non religious perspective. Go back and see them. Also, the fact that you don't know Yahweh is the same as Allah and the only difference between the two names is linguistic, tells me that you haven't studied much about what you are discussing. One is Jewish and the other Arabic and both refer to God. Just as English Speakers reference the creator as God. Nothing complicated really. One has to read up on that and obviously you didn't. You just assumed God is different for different societies when in fact God is only one and societies call him different names. In particular, monotheistic religions define God similar way with Christianity adding something new that wasn't part of what Jesus taught.

I expected you would know this already, but no one is all-knowing, so I give you a pass.

I stated my reasons earlier from non religious perspective. Go back and see them. Also, the fact that you don't know Yahweh is the same as Allah and the only difference between the two names is linguistic, tells me that you haven't studied much about what you are discussing. One is Jewish and the other Arabic and both refer to God. Just as English Speakers reference the creator as God. Nothing complicated really. One has to read up on that and obviously you didn't. You just assumed God is different for different societies when in fact God is only one and societies call him different names. In particular, monotheistic religions define God similar way with Christianity adding something new that wasn't part of what Jesus taught.

I expected you would know this already, but no one is all-knowing, so I give you a pass.
I know that lool. But Muslims do not "believe" in the Jewish god because they do not follow the Jewish faith and vice versa. All of the major religions are syncretic, they borrow certain concepts that they like such as jinns and ghouls. Spirits and the occult have deep roots in gnosticism. There is nothing more powerful as a measure of control than to use fictional inanimate sentient beings to instill fear and subsequently use that fear to control. We interestingly also see heaven and hell in the prominent religions, its the same idea here. Islam isn't spouting anything new, its a new measure of control for the masses. Mental control has always been required after the agricultural revolution, prompting societies to get larger. There is no greater tool than religion to control the masses.

Last edited:
I know that lool. But Muslims do not "believe" in the Jewish god because they do not follow the Jewish faith and vice versa. All of the major religions are syncretic, they borrow certain concepts that they like such as jinns and ghouls. Spirits and the occult have deep roots in gnosticism. There is nothing more powerful as a measure of control than to use fictional inanimate sentient beings to instill fear and subsequently use that fear to control. We interestingly also see heaven and hell in the prominent religions, its the same idea here. Islam isn't spouting anything new, its a new measure of control for the masses. Mental control has always been required after the agricultural revolution, prompting societies to get larger. There is no greater tool than religion to control the masses.

You sound some blond bro. And you are a guy. How sad :russ:I hate to trash you with the replies. I feel bad for ya smart lad with no clue about the subject at hand. I swear, you spent zero minutes on studying both religions side by side. At least the basics. But you are more honest than Cosmo.

This is my unofficial reply, so wait for the official one. I need to get in some game time and have my PS4 just updated black ops iii.

I have work in the morning, so will reply tomorrow when I get a break from projects.

You sound some blond bro. And you are a guy. How sad :russ:I hate to trash you with the replies. I feel bad for ya smart lad with no clue about the subject at hand. I swear, you spent zero minutes on studying both religions side by side. At least the basics. But you are more honest than Cosmo.

This is my unofficial reply, so wait for the official one. I need to get in some game time and have my PS4 just updated black ops iii.

I have work in the morning, so will reply tomorrow when I get a break from projects.
Y
my previous comment was an elaboration. if you want the sources and evidence, I can provide them. How am I being disingenuous? Muslims believe that the torah has been altered over time, and therefore believe that Allah is the "same" god... And I have studied the religions extensively, its the reason why I left.

Last edited:
Y
my previous comment was an elaboration. if you want the sources and evidence, I can provide them. How am I being disingenuous? Muslims believe that the torah has been altered over time, and therefore believe that Allah is the "same" god... And I have studied the religions extensively, its the reason why I left.

Supz, I guess you wanted to say Muslims believe Torah was altered overtime and therefore Muslims believe Allah is not the same God as Yahweh? Anyway, no atheist on this website comes across as knowledgeable about Islam to me. You all claim you did invest in the study of religion before you became atheists, but the truth is in your debates, you all come across as ignorant about Islam and copy/paste what you read on websites built for disinformation about Islam. You guys have no credibility. I will keep correcting you everyday if we debate most certainly and I am not interested in wasting time with ignorants masquerading as people in the know. You guys worship your desires and wanted to live your life based on your wants and needs. That is fine. Just keep your mouths shut about Islam because it has nothing to do with your choices. Don't insult our intelligence folks an enjoy your life choices. Show me a Muslim obsessed with atheism or with other religions on a daily basis.

Last edited:
I want to understand all these viewpoints and see where y'all are coming from.

If you are not a Muslim, Buy a Quran and read it for yourself. Opinions of non muslims about Islam can be positive or negative depending on their motivations and exposure to Islam. This topic will draw only negative input from people who are anti Islam because of choices they aren't happy with which they made for themselves, and they take their anger and frustrations on Islam and on Muslims. They don't know anything about Islam but claim they do.

This thread is useless. Go find other sources of Islam so you form your opinions by yourself.

Last edited:
- Contemporary physics points towards a creator.
This needs backing up.
- Math tells the truth when things are measured to scale and each part has to obey a certain mathematical rule without which that part of the whole won't function, and the whole will collapse. Hence, the Universal constants of the cosmos.
Explain where you were going with this (i.e. the implication you meant to draw).
- Everyday life experience reinforces the belief that there is a creator.
I could have stated the negative of this statement but it's merely a claim. This needs backing.
- To live a life without purpose beyond the physical satisfaction we seek as human beings would be depressing to think about honestly. There has to be grander and more important purpose to life than simple eating. sleeping and fucking. Makes no sense to me to go through those motions and emotions endlessly till death comes and then what?
That there's no higher meaning to life might be depressing to think about and true at the same time. Also, the conclusion that 'there has to be a grander and more important purpose to life' doesn't follow from it.

There are plenty of otherwise smart individuals who get duped into irrational beliefs. Take for example flat earthers like @Inquisitive_ or anti vaxers. Learn to seperate the beliefs from the person sxb
I agree with your point in general, and religious people can of course be smart. There's nothing unusual about that. But that individual you mentioned is definitely not smart. The only decent thing he has going for him is that he isn't racist, unlike many other users in this forum, but that's just basic human decency -- although, it's still far more than can be said said for half the users on this forum.

Naissur, Are you Slavic and you speak the language? I always thought you wanted to register Nasir but that you decided to play with it and got to Naissur until I googled your username.

Interesting.

Naissur, Are you Slavic and you speak the language? I always thought you wanted to register Nasir but that you decided to play with it and got to Naissur until I googled your username.

Interesting.

No, I'm not Slavic, but you're right I'm from that part of the world.

Are you going to be elaborating on those things I've mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending