Biggest reasons you believe or disbelieve in religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe in religion because no religion is convincing enough. A defining characteristic of religion is to encourage blind faith.

Galaeri

USC | Ururka Bililiqada iyo Kufsiga
Don't read any further if you faith is weak. These athiests might mess with your imaan. :pacspit:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Mainly because the Quran contains many errors, but i also don't care much for the "morality" in the religion. Hitting your wife, sex with slave girls (aka rape) and killing apostates are all things that are sanctioned by Allah. I personally cannot believe that.

I believe because I can't fathom the thought of coming From nothing. There has to be one god who created everything.

Mainly because the Quran contains many errors, but i also don't care much for the "morality" in the religion. Hitting your wife, sex with slave girls (aka rape) and killing apostates are all things that are sanctioned by Allah. I personally cannot believe that.
But states killing for "treason" is something you understand right?

False equivalence. Personal beliefs has nothing to do with state matters.
:mjlol: If you are ok with niggas like Snowden getting chased all the way to Russia then you should be absolutely ok with the punishment for apostasy. :camby:
One rebels against religion and the other against state. How are they so different?

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
:mjlol: If you are ok with niggas like Snowden getting chased all the way to Russia then you should be absolutely ok with the punishment for apostasy. :camby:
One rebels against religion and the other against state. How are they so different?

You assume too much. I am not ok with that at all lol, Snowden shouldn't be killed.

Also, stop trying to equate the two sxb, personal beliefs should never be punished :ufdup:

Why would you assume that he would be in agreement with the treatment Snowden was given or indeed the practice of treason in general? Strange! You wrote that reply if this is something he had claimed. It's shocking how little a capacity religious people happen to have for logic.

You assume too much. I am not ok with that at all lol, Snowden shouldn't be killed.

Also, stop trying to equate the two sxb, personal beliefs should never be punished :ufdup:
You don't allow personal beliefs in states, but you find it strange that religion doesn't allow personal beliefs. :bell:

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
You don't allow personal beliefs in states, but you find it strange that religion doesn't allow personal beliefs. :bell:

:comeon:

I thought i already made it clear that any personal beliefs, in states or in matters of religion, shouldn't be punished.

I am against all types of thought policing.

- Contemporary physics points towards a creator.
- Math tells the truth when things are measured to scale and each part has to obey a certain mathematical rule without which that part of the whole won't function, and the whole will collapse. Hence, the Universal constants of the cosmos.
- Everyday life experience reinforces the belief that there is a creator.
- To live a life without purpose beyond the physical satisfaction we seek as human beings would be depressing to think about honestly. There has to be grander and more important purpose to life than simple eating. sleeping and fucking. Makes no sense to me to go through those motions and emotions endlessly till death comes and then what?

To MadDude, you sound ignorant fool.

Last edited:
:comeon:

I thought i already made it clear that any personal beliefs, in states or in matters of religion, shouldn't be punished.

I am against all types of thought policing.

You are policing other people's thoughts yourself when you claim they don't have the ability to think for themselves when they conclude belief in God is Smart.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
So a believer in Allah is smart? :russ:waaba sheeko cusub from your ilk if that is what you think.

What are you on about lol. There are many muslims out there who are no doubt smarter than me. When did i claim believers in Allah are stupid? :cosbyhmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.