Bahrain 1949 memorandum regarding Somalis who moved to the country after leaving Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20170117-085934.jpg

It looks like Qatar got rid of them because they didn't want the Somalis and told them to go to Bahrain

Last edited:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Irrelevent information.

Firstly no one cares what an random Arab writes about Somalis.

Secondly who the fock would live in Bahrain or Qatar in 1949? :susp:

:mjlol:

Sailors are employed (the government advisor said they were unemployed). Also, sailors are law abiding people; they don't cause problems with the authorities (memo said they were causing problems). Also most importantly, sailors have passports or documents; they need it to enter any country, including their own (memo said they have no papers).

@AbdiJohnson
The document is saying Somalis that don't have any legal Papers or passports and don't have any jobs should leave the country. Only Somalis with visa and passports that allowed to come to their country. It is their right.
Nothing wrong in this document people must learn to respect the laws and systems of the country.

That's what I'm wondering too who are those Somalis
Somalis from waqooyi and possibly Bari travelled to Yemen and the Middle East in search of job opportunists during that time.my grandfather sought work in Yemen as a young men ,but came back to his nomadic live in Somalia .some of his siblings stayed ,became wealthy and returned to Somalia . Some Arabs from Yemen also made the journey to Bosaso in search of employment .one such example are the bin laden brothers ,uncle and father of Osama bin laden .they went back to Yemen(then onto Saudi) after a Somali fellow damaged the eye of one of the bin laden brothers . Probably one of the reasons bin laden nicca kept such a close on Somali affairs . Had the Somali not damaged the eye , I guess the bin ladens would have been ordinary Somali Arabs and the course of history would have been different .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending