at what age do you hope to be married

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
I’ll get married when Somalispot stop asking these repetitive “will you get married” questions.

What’s stopping you from finding the one? Where did that miskeen hijabi go? I was waiting for you to post you finally found one. Seems like the marriage market is difficult for both men and women these days.
I wouldn't say it's that hard if you're not ugly and can build and maintain a level of attraction. I'm just not really looking; I'm prioritizing my career and other personal goals right now. I don't really have the time or the patience for any sort of relationship, even casual flings much less marriage lol

She's been shown the door on account of being not that bright and easily manipulated by others. I'm not retarded or needy enough to try and build a life with someone who's so ready to back-peddle on things that I thought were shared goals life/beliefs. Not to sound arrogant but I have options & time on my side. There'll be others :manny:

I wouldn't say it's that hard if you're not ugly and can build and maintain a level of attraction. I'm just not really looking; I'm prioritizing my career and other personal goals right now. I don't really have the time or the patience for any sort of relationship, even casual flings much less marriage lol

She's been shown the door on account of being not thoat bright and easily manipulated by others. I'm not retarded or needy enough to try and build a life with someone who's so ready to back-peddle on things that I thought were shared goals life/beliefs. Not to sound arrogant but I have options & time on my side. There'll be others :manny:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
I wonder how many Somalis are training martial arts
It's honestly a great skill to have. I suggest Jujitsu and kick boxing, one helps with ground game and the other for striking. Even if you never use it, it's good to keep active and learn new skills.

Married young, and have some children. Marriage is a blessing.

If you want a family it is best not to delay. 30 is pushing it for most women. The statistics say that women over 30 marrying for the first time have a less than 50% chance of producing offspring. Best to get married in your early 20's, but it is your life, do what you want.

Remember western life style is bad for fertility. We are bombarded with chemicals.

It's honestly a great skill to have. I suggest Jujitsu and kick boxing, one helps with ground game and the other for striking. Even if you never use it, it's good to keep active and learn new skills.
You never know when you'll find yourself in a scrap. Could be humiliating losing a fight as an adult ngl

People who get married later in life either have a heart of a stone, did it for selfish reasons, societal expectations, or unfortunate family dynamic conditioning they need to work on.

No offence but people who say "I'm want to be established" or "I'm looking for an established person" are the worst. Many won't find anyone.

Married young, and have some children. Marriage is a blessing.

If you want a family it is best not to delay. 30 is pushing it for most women. The statistics say that women over 30 marrying for the first time have a less than 50% chance of producing offspring.
Why are you lying? According to medical journals:

At the age of 30, there is a 75% chance to conceive in the first 12 months. This chance declines to 66% at the age of 35 and 44% at the age of 40.22 Jan 2020
1714742390202.png

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc

Knowledge about the impact of age on fertility: a brief review - PMC - NCBI

What’s less than 50% chance for getting pregnant is during ONE cycle. Meaning one period cycle. Example mid early 20s-25 is around 25% first time during a month and for early 30s it’s 20%. It’s even less than 50% for women in their late teens and early 20s if we’re going by one cycle. Hence it’s a slow decease and not as drastic as you’re trying to make it out.

For the life of me, I find it hilarious seeing men scaremonger women and not be able to read the stats properly. it’s after 36+ that women tend to have a bit more issues not early 30s and even then it isn’t less than 50% but it’s 66%!

Btw, I’m not saying marrying in your 20s isn’t better it clearly is so in that regard I agree with you.
Best to get married in your early 20's, but it is your life, do what you want.

Remember western life style is bad for fertility. We are bombarded with chemicals.

Last edited:
Why are you lying? According to medical journals:

At the age of 30, there is a 75% chance to conceive in the first 12 months. This chance declines to 66% at the age of 35 and 44% at the age of 40.22 Jan 2020
View attachment 327571
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › pmc

Knowledge about the impact of age on fertility: a brief review - PMC - NCBI

What’s less than 50% chance for getting pregnant is during ONE cycle. Meaning one period cycle. Example mid early 20s-25 is around 25% first time during a month and for early 30s it’s 20%. It’s even less than 50% for women in their late teens and early 20s if we’re going by one cycle. Hence it’s a slow decease and not as drastic as you’re trying to make it out.

For the life of me, I find it hilarious seeing men scaremonger women and not be able to read the stats properly. it’s after 36+ that women tend to have a bit more issues not early 30s and even then it isn’t less than 50% but it’s 66%!

Btw, I’m not saying marrying in your 20s isn’t better it clearly is so in that regard I agree with you.
Actually my stat was from renowned demographer Stephen J Shaw, who found that only half of women turning 30 without a child ever become parents. There are many inputs when looking at statistics and not quoting the findings of a fertility trial. But it seems like you are blinded by some weird gender war crusade, which I am not interested in to be honest with you.

Stephen has visited 24 countries and analysed millions of pieces of data to work out what is happening with global birthrates and predict the earth's future population. He has a documentary called Birthgap you can find on YouTube.

By the way when it comes to fertility and not just societal trends this also affects men, as sperm rates have been plummeting for many decades now. Men in industrialised countries have less than half the sperm count of their grandfathers.

Also if a man is not married young, he also suffers similar results, as now the competition is greater and he is arguably older and less attractive.

Actually my stat was from renowned demographer Stephen J Shaw, who found that only half of women turning 30 without a child ever become parents.
Was he talking about fertility or was he talking about these women not finding mates or wanting to procreate?
There are many inputs when looking at statistics and not quoting the findings of a fertility trial. But it seems like you are blinded by some weird gender war crusade, which I am not interested in to be honest with you.
What does this have to do with gender when I’m talking about science here. You said women at 30 had a 50% chance. That’s not true.
Stephen has visited 24 countries and analysed millions of pieces of data to work out what is happening with global birthrates and predict the earth's future population. He has a documentary called Birthgap you can find on YouTube.
Yes, but what does that have to do with the fact that women’s fertility during their early 30s doesn’t go down less than 50%?
By the way when it comes to fertility and not just societal trends this also affects men, as sperm rates have been plummeting for many decades now. Men in industrialised countries have less than half the sperm count of their grandfathers.
I asked you a question, why did you say that women’s fertility during their 30s goes down less than 50%?
Also if a man is not married young, he also suffers similar results, as now the competition is greater and he is arguably older and less attractive.
Your argument was clearly based on fertility. I corrected you and the onus is on YOU. Show me data that women’s fertility when in their early 30s goes down less than 50%.

Im talking facts here and this isn’t about gender wars. You made an error and I corrected with actual reputable scientific papers. I dislike arrogance and an inability to face mistakes. You made it seem that women’s fertility plummets to such an extent her fertility drops to less than 50% that’s a lie and that figure is for women in their early 40s.

Admit you were wrong because this sort of arrogance is a disease at this point.

Was he talking about fertility or was he talking about these women not finding mates or wanting to procreate?
Granted I should have phrased my original comment more along the lines of women that have not had a child by 30, have a less than 50% chance of ever becoming a mother according to his findings. Which he looks at millions of data points. That was a silly mistake, that I put my hands up to.
What does this have to do with gender when I’m talking about science here. You said women at 30 had a 50% chance. That’s not true.
You wrote"for the life of me, I find it hilarious seeing men scaremonger women and not be able to read the stats properly". What exactly does that have to do with my initial point? You are framing your response with a hostile approach towards "men" to begin with. My intent was never to "scaremonger" anyone. In fact men are also facing fertility issues in the west, and that was mentioned in my last post.
Yes, but what does that have to do with the fact that women’s fertility during their early 30s doesn’t go down less than 50%?

Science is a dynamic subject, quoting one paper means practically nothing. This man has studied this subject in depth. Listen and learn.
I asked you a question, why did you say that women’s fertility during their 30s goes down less than 50%?

Your argument was clearly based on fertility. I corrected you and the onus is on YOU. Show me data that women’s fertility when in their early 30s goes down less than 50%.

Quote from Stephen J Shaw : "one of the facts that came up across every country we looked at was that women turning 30 without a child. If you're a childless of 30, the most you've got a 50% chance of ever becoming a mother and that's maximum. It's actually lower than that in most countries. I could not find anywhere in the example. So it's a toss of a coin turning 30 without a with without a child. Now, now in this situation, maybe where you're into your early 30s and you're hearing about egg freezing, you're hearing about technologies that might make you think it's okay to delay things. Well, I interviewed five fertility doctors including Kim Kardashian's fertility doctor in LA fertility doctor in Tokyo. And they're all saying the same thing that we overestimate these technologies. We not only overestimate the chance egg freezing and IVF will work. We don't take into account that as women's bodies get older, the chance of not going full term gets higher and higher."
Im talking facts here and this isn’t about gender wars. You made an error and I corrected with actual reputable scientific papers. I dislike arrogance and an inability to face mistakes. You made it seem that women’s fertility plummets to such an extent her fertility drops to less than 50% that’s a lie and that figure is for women in their early 40s.

Admit you were wrong because this sort of arrogance is a disease at this point.
You dislike "arrogance" maybe you should check yourself first, rather than a random stranger on the internet. My "arrogance" has no bearing on your life.

Yes women who have not had a child by 30, have an uphill struggle according to millions of data points as mentioned above. If anything I would love for anyone who wants to be a mother to have that opportunity, and young women should know the struggle they might be facing in the future and part of that is access to more data that considers the subject in a deeper way. If they do not want children that is fine, there should be no compulsion in life.

Granted I should have phrased my original comment more along the lines of women that have not had a child by 30, have a less than 50% chance of ever becoming a mother according to his findings. Which he looks at millions of data points. That was a silly mistake, that I put my hands up to.

You wrote"for the life of me, I find it hilarious seeing men scaremonger women and not be able to read the stats properly". What exactly does that have to do with my initial point? You are framing your response with a hostile approach towards "men" to begin with. My intent was never to "scaremonger" anyone. In fact men are also facing fertility issues in the west, and that was mentioned in my last post.

Science is a dynamic subject, quoting one paper means practically nothing. This man has studied this subject in depth. Listen and learn.

Quote from Stephen J Shaw : "one of the facts that came up across every country we looked at was that women turning 30 without a child. If you're a childless of 30, the most you've got a 50% chance of ever becoming a mother and that's maximum. It's actually lower than that in most countries. I could not find anywhere in the example. So it's a toss of a coin turning 30 without a with without a child. Now, now in this situation, maybe where you're into your early 30s and you're hearing about egg freezing, you're hearing about technologies that might make you think it's okay to delay things. Well, I interviewed five fertility doctors including Kim Kardashian's fertility doctor in LA fertility doctor in Tokyo. And they're all saying the same thing that we overestimate these technologies. We not only overestimate the chance egg freezing and IVF will work. We don't take into account that as women's bodies get older, the chance of not going full term gets higher and higher."

You dislike "arrogance" maybe you should check yourself first, rather than a random stranger on the internet. My "arrogance" has no bearing on your life.

Yes women who have not had a child by 30, have an uphill struggle according to millions of data points as mentioned above. If anything I would love for anyone who wants to be a mother to have that opportunity, and young women should know the struggle they might be facing in the future and part of that is access to more data that considers the subject in a deeper way. If they do not want children that is fine, there should be no compulsion in life.
I’ve watched the video you sent me, where does he say that quote? I didn’t hear it. Can you send me the exact time? Because he doesn’t say it unless I missed it.

I’ve watched the video you sent me, where does he say that quote? I didn’t hear it. Can you send me the exact time? Because he doesn’t say it unless I missed it.
Look I am not interested in playing logical semantics. That quote was not from this video, the reason I posted the video for you, is because it was one of numerous videos where he is hosted by concerned female academics.

Lets move on because I see no benefit in discussing anything with you frankly.

Trending

Latest posts