Are you obligated to answer when someone asks about your sin? - Shaykh Mustafa al 'Adawi

I never really understood this, if anyone asks "are you a virgin" and the answer is outside the scope of "yes", the answer is no and anyone seriously considering marriage can put that together. Virgins are proud of their choices, and they made the choices so that they could say "yes" in that conversation with a marriage prospect. Unless the hope with this message is for virgins to start shutting down the question, which would be unlikely.

Why play a stupid game like that with stupid humans? If you made your repentance to Allah SWT , stand on business and be honest about your dirt. otherwise it's betting against time, a bet that your past won't come about any point in your future. What's for you is for you, and what isn't, isn't. Lying by omission and obfuscating aren't a solution, and inquirers aren't going to feel shame for asking a tough but important question

I never really understood this, if anyone asks "are you a virgin" and the answer is outside the scope of "yes", the answer is no and anyone seriously considering marriage can put that together. Virgins are proud of their choices, and they made the choices so that they could say "yes" in that conversation with a marriage prospect. Unless the hope with this message is for virgins to start shutting down the question, which would be unlikely.

Why play a stupid game like that with stupid humans? If you made your repentance to Allah SWT , stand on business and be honest about your dirt. otherwise it's betting against time, a bet that your past won't come about any point in your future. What's for you is for you, and what isn't, isn't. Lying by omission and obfuscating aren't a solution, and inquirers aren't going to feel shame for asking a tough but important question

this is based on Islam, not based on your reasoning.

Indeed, the Prophet
 sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention )
warned us against committing sins openly (or informing about them), as he said, “All my nation are forgiven for their sins except those who sin openly (or disclose their sins to the people). An example of such disclosure is that a person commits a sin at night, and though Allah screened it from the people, he comes in the morning, and says, “O so-and-so, I did such-and-such (evil) deed last night. Though he spent his night screened by his Lord (none knowing about his sin), yet in the morning he removes Allah's screen from himself.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

My reasoning applies for the situation at hand, where the inquirer obviously isn't adhering to the principle since they're asking. Now the person answering the question should respond with the principle in mind, but if the only people saying "don't ask about it" are non-virgins, the outcome is the same, the inquirer got the info they needed, just not in a "yes" or "no" fashion

I know it's an islamic concept to not engage in publicizing sins. Does it occur to you that responding in the way the sheik recommends, could still be seen as disclosing sins? Today there may be an argument that it's not, since it's not explicitly stated, but the way language is used changes generation to generation. In 100 yrs, it could be common knowledge that "Allah said don't ask about this!" Is something stated only by non-virgins. Islam doesn't change, but the people and societies do, and this creates nuances. Burying your head in the sand and thinking "I am the Muslim following islam the right way, the other Muslims arent" isn't special / insightful

My reasoning applies for the situation at hand, where the inquirer obviously isn't adhering to the principle since they're asking. Now the person answering the question should respond with the principle in mind, but if the only people saying "don't ask about it" are non-virgins, the outcome is the same, the inquirer got the info they needed, just not in a "yes" or "no" fashion

I know it's an islamic concept to not engage in publicizing sins. Does it occur to you that responding in the way the sheik recommends, could still be seen as disclosing sins? Today there may be an argument that it's not, since it's not explicitly stated, but the way language is used changes generation to generation. In 100 yrs, it could be common knowledge that "Allah said don't ask about this!" Is something stated only by non-virgins. Islam doesn't change, but the people and societies do, and this creates nuances. Burying your head in the sand and thinking "I am the Muslim following islam the right way, the other Muslims arent" isn't special / insightful

the hadith is clear, it isn't about what you think or what I think.

I'm not critiquing the hadith, I'm critiquing you and the sheiks interpretation. It's nice to fancy yourself resting on the laurels of islamic morality, but what I'm saying is what you and the sheik are propagating is an interpretation.

The statement "he's cold" has changed meanings from 100 yrs earlier to today, the words didn't. I'm saying the same for "allah said don't speak on that" when asked about virginity, on its face it means one thing but society and people have changed and now it means something else.

Wake up and read the messages haji, don't die with peasant brain

Trending

Latest posts