Are niqabi/jilbabi sisters stereotyped as hostile & judgemental by their hijabi/non hijabi sisters?

So I started wearing the jilbab last year, alx it wasn’t that difficult for the most part since I live in London. I have also went back to dugsi (mainly for adults) to finish the quran and I have noticed that some of the sisters would take their hijab off when we finished. I befriended one of them and she is really nice. She told me two days ago that when she saw that I was a full time jilbabi she assumed I was judgemental to any sister that practices hijab incorrectly. I asked her what prompted this assumption and she told me that in almost all her encounters with jilbabis/niqabis she always felt hostile energy. At first I thought she was just projecting her insecurities onto them, until I spoke to one of my non hijabi friends today and she said she had a similar experiences. So what I am asking is have you ever gotten judge by a niqabi/jilbaabi because of your appearance? Me personally I rarely encounter let alone befriend niqabis/jilaabis my age.

no my sister is a jilbabi and i don’t really wear the hijab correctly and i’ve never felt judged. she has guided me though so i see how some girls take that as judgement

It's the ones with a guilty conscience who immediately feel niqabis are judging them. The ones you know who wear their hijab in a fashion influencer kinda way where they try to enhance their s3x appeal with the way they seductively gaze at the camera in their Insta selfies and wear corset belts to look slim thick.

As for the niqabis themselves, the most judgmental ones seem to be the ones who believe niqab is wajib (compulsory) like the TikTok/Twitter Salafis. After all, if you think niqab is an obligation as the face is awrah, you'd think most Muslim women who don't cover their faces are commiting tabarruj.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts