HISTORY Ancient cave/rock paintings east of Xudun, 100km from Laascaanood

Have they dated them yet?

I know that the Laas Geel cave paintings have been dated back to 5000 years ago.

I looked to find some information on this.

This archeologist mentions a list of cave art but i am not sure which of these are shown in the video.

Was the carbon dating of Laas Geel part of formal research? How or where can we find/verify this information?

Yeah it's actually formal research it is done by expert archeologists, first ones were French, that studied Las Geel and carried out several experiments and they say it dates from between 3500–2500 BCE . Making them the oldest Neolithic art in the Horn of Africa.
Les abris ornés de Laas Geel et l'art rupestre du Somaliland
It is thus that we can situate these paintings and that occupation between 3500 and 2500 B.C.

You see the archeology link i just showed above you, this is what it says about it:
The rock art sites of Somaliland show that between the third and second millennium BCE, herding humpless cows (Gutherz et al. 2003), sheep and goats (Mire 2008), as well as hunting antelopes, giraffes and other wild animals, was the basis for the subsistence economy. These sites inform us about the earliest pastoralists in the Horn of Africa and food-producing societies from ca. 5000 years ago. The depictions

It is really good that you are looking for verification and information.

These rock art sites spread into Eastern end of of modern day Puntland/Bari , so it is not squarely only located inside somaliland/Waaqoyi Galbeed. And it is the same with the inscriptions and some go into the western regions like Galbeed. So it looks to be contiguous

This was probably at the time before Eastern Cushitic speakers branched out.

Western European Hunter-Gatherers existed all over Western Europe from the Paleolithic to the Mesolithic. Keeping that in mind, you will not find a mention of Cheddar Man on the German or Frances' Wikipedia (pre)history page.

Every nation claims the right to extract value from national heritage. If you go to the Kenyan Pastoral Neolithic page, you will not find a mention of ‘Cushitic’ or that they were Horn of African peoples, none of that.

People underestimate the extent archeology plays in constructions for nation-building purposes, which sets conditions for fighting cultural retrenchment extending to using proprietary claims for research on the material culture under frameworks of political units policies within demarcated territorial borders.

The causal relationship between archeological perspective and above-standing nation-making instructive settings overstep "pure" knowledge-based preservationists' approach inquiry to build complementary commodification streams by narratives forged by rediscovery and invention.

Trending

Latest posts