Opinion: about divorce, age of marriage and education.

I wanted to make a post about divorce and the types of partners we should look for to avoid it. There tends to be a very negative view of certain traits shouted around. The truth differs, from my understanding, far from what reality shows.

A statistic often cited is that nearly half of marriages end in divorce. That is self is no longer true its sits at 35-40%, and when controlling the variables you have control of in life one can even lower that

While people tout the fiction of the young Somali girl in a tuulo, who has been shielded from modern technology, waiting to be swept up by any man of the diaspora. Resulting in a fruitful, happy, loving marriage till the end of time. Would you believe me if I said that the chance of marriage with this fictional girl is actually higher than marrying the "exact" opposite of her?

For example, age of marriage is a big factor; someone who marries at 25 is over 50 percent less likely to get divorced than someone who weds at age 20. This trend continues both ways up until the age of 32 until climbing up again.

Another factor is education; women who are educated, actually have a lower the chance of divorce. Marrying a college-educated woman can also bring the chances of divorce down to less than 20% or even 15% if the woman has a master's or professional degree.

A large factor as well are serial divorces; same way that 80% of alcohol revenue is generated from 20% of drinkers, a lot of divorces come from people who are already into several marriages.

The other stats are pretty logical; for example, both being religious, lack of promiscuous past. History of having lived with a partner prior to marriage seems to be a negative variable when it comes to divorce rate.

All taken into account, the chance of divorce gets reduced drastivally to the single digit or lows tens %, with that being made up of infidelity, abuse, and the like, compared to the bulk of the total divorce cases actually being made up of a lack of commitment.

If I would have to answer "Why?" Why do relatively older women have lower divorce rates than younger women, or higher-educated women compared to less educated women? I'd say it factors in with experience and adulthood, live experience, and education giving women the tools to better select for partners and gain long-term stable marriages.

It's interesting that the biggest negative traits attributed to women from red-pill crowds are actually one of the most positive factors a woman can have. Divorce and its consequences hit men and women hard, and hearing about bad divorces that particularly hit men very hard are the stories that partly fuel the red pill crowd. Who embellish young, good-looking, and less educated women.

In the end, a good marriage is one of the most positive things one can do for his or her children and descendants. Generational wealth gets brought up and while here and there someone might start a succesfull business, become famous, or win the lottery, the vast bulk of generational wealth is indeed accumulated generational, both tangible, and intangible things.

Education, decreasing the chance of criminal behavior, mental illness, or anti-social behavior, and improving the quality of life are all factors that dramatically improve with the foundation of a good marriage. Families are the bedrock of any peoples and cultures. If anyone cares about wanting the best for ethnic Somalis, we should actually get rid of the harmful stigma of marrying older women or rallying against women getting an education.

I wanted to make a post about divorce and the types of partners we should look for to avoid it. There tends to be a very negative view of certain traits shouted around. The truth differs, from my understanding, far from what reality shows.

A statistic often cited is that nearly half of marriages end in divorce. That is self is no longer true its sits at 35-40%, and when controlling the variables you have control of in life one can even lower that

While people tout the fiction of the young Somali girl in a tuulo, who has been shielded from modern technology, waiting to be swept up by any man of the diaspora. Resulting in a fruitful, happy, loving marriage till the end of time. Would you believe me if I said that the chance of marriage with this fictional girl is actually higher than marrying the "exact" opposite of her?

For example, age of marriage is a big factor; someone who marries at 25 is over 50 percent less likely to get divorced than someone who weds at age 20. This trend continues both ways up until the age of 32 until climbing up again.

Another factor is education; women who are educated, actually have a lower the chance of divorce. Marrying a college-educated woman can also bring the chances of divorce down to less than 20% or even 15% if the woman has a master's or professional degree.

A large factor as well are serial divorces; same way that 80% of alcohol revenue is generated from 20% of drinkers, a lot of divorces come from people who are already into several marriages.

The other stats are pretty logical; for example, both being religious, lack of promiscuous past. History of having lived with a partner prior to marriage seems to be a negative variable when it comes to divorce rate.

All taken into account, the chance of divorce gets reduced drastivally to the single digit or lows tens %, with that being made up of infidelity, abuse, and the like, compared to the bulk of the total divorce cases actually being made up of a lack of commitment.

If I would have to answer "Why?" Why do relatively older women have lower divorce rates than younger women, or higher-educated women compared to less educated women? I'd say it factors in with experience and adulthood, live experience, and education giving women the tools to better select for partners and gain long-term stable marriages.

It's interesting that the biggest negative traits attributed to women from red-pill crowds are actually one of the most positive factors a woman can have. Divorce and its consequences hit men and women hard, and hearing about bad divorces that particularly hit men very hard are the stories that partly fuel the red pill crowd. Who embellish young, good-looking, and less educated women.

In the end, a good marriage is one of the most positive things one can do for his or her children and descendants. Generational wealth gets brought up and while here and there someone might start a succesfull business, become famous, or win the lottery, the vast bulk of generational wealth is indeed accumulated generational, both tangible, and intangible things.

Education, decreasing the chance of criminal behavior, mental illness, or anti-social behavior, and improving the quality of life are all factors that dramatically improve with the foundation of a good marriage. Families are the bedrock of any peoples and cultures. If anyone cares about wanting the best for ethnic Somalis, we should actually get rid of the harmful stigma of marrying older women or rallying against women getting an education.
Edits:
I wanted to make a post about divorce and the types of partners we should look for to avoid it.-> I wanted to make a post about divorce and the types of partners we should look for and the types to avoid.

Would you believe me if I said that the chance of marriage with this fictional girl is actually higher than marrying the "exact" opposite of her? -> Would you believe me if I said that the chance of divorce with this fictional girl is actually higher than had you married the "exact" opposite of her?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts