A Happy Coming-Out-Story for A Somali Ex-Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamud

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Shout out to the Somali fathers that slave away for their kids :mjcry:

I think imma take pops out for lunch tomorrow. Been a while since we chilled.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
I know it can be painful, especially if it's someone close to you, but we as muslims need to be patient and understanding when they leave the deen, and not go psycho and cut them off. We talk about how we hate munafiqs but this mentality that we have just creates more of them. We force them to choose between being honest or their families, then we act surprised when there are tons of atheists on forums like this where people can speak freely.

I know it can be painful, especially if it's someone close to you, but we as muslims need to be patient and understanding when they leave the deen, and not go psycho and cut them off. We talk about how we hate munafiqs but this mentality that we have just creates more of them. We force them to choose between being honest or their families, then we act surprised when there are tons of atheists on forums like then where people can speak freely.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The environment should be accomodating enough for people to speak openly about their doubts, otherwise don't be surprised when people are going online instead. An environment of supression only created religious hyprocrites and that doesn't benefit the religion/ the community.

Mudug-Madman

Gaalkacyo Gangster
Couldn't have said it better myself. The environment should be accomodating enough for people to speak openly about their doubts, otherwise don't be surprised when people are going online instead. An environment of supression only created religious hyprocrites and that doesn't benefit the religion/ the community.
I 100% agree. I find it really sad more people don't realize this.

Coming out like this should be avoided at all costs for any atheistic Somali

I'd never dare to brake my mother's heart and honour like that. Saying you're a open gaalo is the worst you can do. You're not being brave.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Coming out like this should be avoided at all costs for any atheistic Somali

I'd never dare to brake my mother's heart and honour like that. Saying you're a open gaalo is the worst you can do. You're not being brave.

That doesn't make sense. I love my mother but I won't live in hiding to please her bigotry.

That doesn't make sense. I love my mother but I won't live in hiding to please her bigotry.
It makes sense. Have some respect for your mother who did everything in her power to raise you right. Declaring yourself a gaal to her will break her heart and make her wonder where she went wrong. That's not loving your mother, that's hurting and torturing her.

Be the son she wants and deserves you selfish prick. Nobody is perfect but you can easily hide some things and keep her happy

It does bring shame to the family, but that's only thinking short term. Most families eventually chill out about it. Also, the long-term consequences of faking being Muslim mean things like marrying a Muslim. That's not fair on the spouse at all. And I doubt it's something Muslims even want. You don't owe anybody a fake life, and it's not a good thing for Muslims anyway, so long as you are respectful and tactful, you'll almost certainly have a loving relationship with your family, eventually (if your fam do react badly in the beginning).

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
It makes sense. Have some respect for your mother who did everything in her power to raise you right. Declaring yourself a gaal to her will break her heart and make her wonder where she went wrong. That's not loving your mother, that's hurting and torturing her.

Be the son she wants and deserves you selfish prick. Nobody is perfect but you can easily hide some things and keep her happy

How on the bloody Earth does that make me selfish?! :faysalwtf:

Asking me to live a fake life because she cannot love me for who I am is being selfish. I'm not hurting my mother. I'm not torturing her. I'll show her the respect she deserves by telling her and if she accepted them all the better but if she refuses...ill have to pack my bags and leave. Calling me a selfish prick because I'll be telling her the truth clearly exposes your bigotry towards ex Muslims.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
It does bring shame to the family, but that's only thinking short term. Most families eventually chill out about it. Also, the long-term consequences of faking being Muslim mean things like marrying a Muslim. That's not fair on the spouse at all. And I doubt it's something Muslims even want. You don't owe anybody a fake life, and it's not a good thing for Muslims anyway, so long as you are respectful and tactful, you'll almost certainly have a loving relationship with your family, eventually (if your fam do react badly in the beginning).

Tell that to these bigots who claim that we're selfish because we tell our parents the simple truth.

How on the bloody Earth does that make me selfish?! :faysalwtf:

Asking me to live a fake life because she cannot love me for who I am is being selfish. I'm not hurting my mother. I'm not torturing her. I'll show her the respect she deserves by telling her and if she accepted them all the better but if she refuses...ill have to pack my bags and leave. Calling me a selfish prick because I'll be telling her the truth clearly exposes your bigotry towards ex Muslims.
You're selfish because you disregard her feelings. The fact that you choose stating you're a gaal over having a good relationship with your mother is fucking selfish. Your willing to break her heart and be kicked out for fucking nothing.

You still live with your hooyo so fucking respect her.

Tell that to these bigots who claim that we're selfish because we tell our parents the simple truth.

No point, they're trying to encourage people away from telling their parents through emotional blackmail, they're intention is to create a suppressive environment, I don't think they care about your parents or the actual consequences of it all. The excessive infantilization of adults is a bit of a give away.
"Hey con/revert to Islam, you can't live as a Muslim because that's disrespectful to your upbringing and family and you will upset your mother." Said no Muslim ever.

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
You're selfish because you disregard her feelings. The fact that you choose stating you're a gaal over having a good relationship with your mother is fucking selfish

You still live with your hooyo so fucking respect her.

So I'm disrespecting my mother because I'm honest with her? You'd have me live a lie? What happens when it comes to marriage? Should I marry a Somali Muslim to please her? Stop pretending you care about my mother! You only want to emotionally blackmail me into not coming out.

DO NOT question my love and respect for my mother!! You don't know me! You're crossing lines that no man should cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending