2023 FGS Budget Review

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Honestly i dont understand your point of view. The US and Turkey have a good relationship and are close allies, so Somalia should build closer relations with both of them.
I just don't think Turkey has financial might of america. America and europe are the only folks who will probably give us billions in grants and loans once we get our act together just like before war. turkey, UAE, china all want to gobble up ports, airport, and such for investment and take big chunks of profit. Whereas west we know there is good chance we might not even have to pay back loans and they will be forgiven. As long as we weak we will get one sided deals in favor of foreign nations. Maybe its best for now since peaceful country is not around corner and we have been at war 30 years I can see that side too. Its like when you have bad credit and 30% car loan while responsible person gets 0% loan the lower you are more you get kicked in this world

Last edited:
I just don't think Turkey has financial might of america. America and europe are the only folks who will probably give us billions in grants and loans once we get our act together just like before war. turkey, UAE, china all want to gobble up ports, airport, and such for investment and take big chunks of profit. Whereas west we know there is good chance we might not even have to pay back loans and they will be forgiven. As long as we weak we will get very heavy handed deals in favor of outside countries. Maybe its best for now since peaceful country is not around corner and we have been at war 30 years I can see that side too
I think you have swallowed the west propaganda, when you take their loans they make sure your market is free for their capitalists, ask you to sell off any of your public sectors like healthcare or even your raw resources, as well as the interests it accrues, the loans that we were forgiven were mostly interests acrued during our unstable 30 years it came up to 5billion. We need economic productions and the west will never bring about any manufacturing capabilities to Somalia. I can’t believe you would propose this after what the west capitalist did in Guyana a stable government whose oil is not even income taxed and only has 10 percent royalties this is basically robbery what we have with turkey is the most fair deal

this goes back to 2011 to 2021 its possible they spent that much over then wish they shared details. But still fraction of what america spends its almost close to what america provides each year they spent in decade
Come on you know most of America’s money goes to halane, have you seen American hospitals like you have seen Turkish hospital that are now providing heart surgery, America’s money does not go as far as turkey and it shows on the ground, America’s money is in amison and overinflated salary ngos,

World

VIP
I just don't think Turkey has financial might of america. America and europe are the only folks who will probably give us billions in grants and loans once we get our act together just like before war. turkey, UAE, china all want to gobble up ports, airport, and such for investment and take big chunks of profit. Whereas west we know there is good chance we might not even have to pay back loans and they will be forgiven. As long as we weak we will get very heavy handed deals in favor of outside countries. Maybe its best for now since peaceful country is not around corner and we have been at war 30 years I can see that side too
Are you referring to the World Bank and IMF? Do you believe they will give billions in grants and loans out of the goodness of their heart, whilst China on the other hand are evil and want to make profit?

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Come on you know most of America’s money goes to halane, have you seen American hospitals like you have seen Turkish hospital that are now providing heart surgery, America’s money does not go as far as turkey and it shows on the ground, America’s money is in amison and overinflated salary ngos,
America has been donating about a billion a year for last couple of years. Alot of it going to food, education, health. American even gives 100's of million in cash directly to people in somalia in form of money and vouchers to buy stuff and energize markets.

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Are you referring to the World Bank and IMF? Do you believe they will give billions in grants and loans out of the goodness of their heart, whilst China on the other hand are evil and want to make profit?
America bank rolls all those organizations and even provides aid directly to somalia. Its not even close amount of money they give to somalia in form of aid with europe second. Then take into considerations thousands of somalis america, europe and australia took in and gave citizenship too. China, Turkey, UAE provides very little money in comparison and when they do they take assets. They dont give out citizenships or allow our people to have any meaning full roles in their countries. If Trump wins again we might see isolationist America and I think a lot of countries like Somalia will be in shock once tap is closed

America bank rolls all those organizations and even provides aid directly to somalia. Its not even close amount of money they give to somalia in form of aid with europe second. Then take into considerations thousands of somalis america, europe and australia took in and gave citizenship too. China, Turkey, UAE provides very little money in comparison and when they do they take assets. They dont give out citizenships or allow our people to have any meaning full roles in their countries. If Trump wins again we might see isolationist America and I think a lot of countries like Somalia will be in shock once tap is closed
That will be good, what has América aid done for our country it has made Somalis lazy the government needs to stand on their own

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
That will be good, what has América aid done for our country it has made Somalis lazy the government needs to stand on their own
maybe but many will die if tap is cut not everyone has family in west so they need this aid to survive.

Here is some data for remittance which is money sent from somali family in west to people back home. This money sometimes is around 20% of GDP! and almost all from somalis in Europe and America. 70% of people back home unemployed they are not landing on their feet if either sources of money is cut.

1713931388922.png

maybe but many will die if tap is cut not everyone has family in west so they need this aid to survive.

Here is some data for remittance which is money sent from somali family in west to people back home. This money sometimes is around 20% of GDP! and almost all from somalis in Europe and America. 70% of people back home unemployed they are not landing on their feet if either sources of money is cut.

View attachment 326219
Kenyans and Ugandan are moving to Somalia because Somalia are too lazy to do jobs, cut off auds and Cary

World

VIP
Because millions of Somalis will starve otherwise. That money isn't going to the Somali government, but to feed people. There was no difference in aid when Trump was President. What relevance does that have to do with China who are building infrastructure projects? You seem to think you can get things for free, which isn't how the world works. Even poor Ukraine who is fighting against the West's eternal enemy, is getting debt trapped and destroyed by the IMF. Their future is fucked.

Don't fall for neoliberal propoganda, the reason why so many countries are going to China is because IMF is the extraction arm of American colonialism.

Last edited:

Hilmaam

Standin on bihness
VIP
Also shows FGS contribution as 0 with planned budget of 22 million. The FGS report page 1 states 6 million was transferred no idea whats true

1714597805343.png

Trending

Latest posts