“The African Red Littoral Pastoralists”, Beja, Saho, Afar, Somali ; Trade Routes, Trade Commodities , and Security Threats

Thalassocracy

سبحان اللهِ وبحمدِه Free Palestine
Im making this general thread to collect information on our historical trade, people we trade with, what routes we took, commodities we traded, how we survived famine and hunger, and security threats over the years

Thalassocracy

I recently read this article that extrapolates the continuity of the dna of our camels from the horn until the Egyptian delta , and the lactose tolerance of the herders

Oneof the main differentiator being the Red Sea camels being selected for milk production ,

I do have some gripes with his later statements but he does raise some interesting points, I’ll also post his references if you want to look into his statements and dispute them
E2EB6009-A1B9-42E9-A2CE-C9429D2CC715.jpeg

B32ECFAE-FD26-4138-B406-B1283E9CAC77.jpeg

Thalassocracy

ABEE021B-F280-4579-B70F-5B70F0B3DEA2.jpeg

Beja would trade their dairy goods, camels, grains, and various good the brought from the African interior to consumers pilgrims traveling through and export goods to peninsular Arabias to satiate the Hajj demand. Sadly this port gets destroyed multiple times by Portuguese and Ottomans cut them off their international trade

1674406372623.png

Sorry to intrude on this amazing thread/journal/goldmine but I'm really skeptical of those G-13907 rates. I've checked ~10 Somalis' 23andMe profiles for the mutation (rs41525747 if you wanna check for yourself) and all had GG, including myself. Even the above graphic doesn't have it occur close to as frequently as it seems to occur.

1674406816998.png
Am I misunderstanding it? Does CC instead indicate having the mutation?

Trending

Latest posts